I was accused of theft by Verizon when they sent me the wrong phone.
EyePhoneless
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered an iPhone 12/24/12.  I received one on 12/28/12, good so far.  When I opened it and tried to make a call on 12/29/12 an Indiana number came up on the receiving phone (I am in California with a Central CA area code).  I immediately sent two customer service e-mails and was not able to talk with a customer service person 12/29/12.  When I did get a hold of customer service on 12/30/12, I was accused of using that person's credit info to get the phone (WTF?)  This was of course after the first Customer Service person hung up the phone as I was attempting to explain.  I brought the phone to a Verizon store and they immediately recognized that the phone id was different than the receipt, that is yes they recognized that I was sent the wrong phone.   They could do nothing as there were no iPhone 4's in the store and my internet purchase locked them out from performing an upgrade.  Well, on return call to customer service  I was told that I would have to call the internet sales customer service the next day.  So 12/31/12 I got a hold of the internet sales CS person who vacillated as to the correct course of action.  An attempt was made to reprogram the new iPhone to my number but this resulted in both the old and new phones being unable to access the cellular network.  Another call returned service to my old phone and it was agreed that I would send back the misdirected phone and once received the CS person (the fourth one I had to interact with) told me a replacement iPhone would be sent as soon as the misdirected phone was returned.  (WTF?)  Had I done something wrong?  Had I done something to earn the mistrust of Verizon?  Why wasn't a replacement overnighted with the first call?

Apologies received: approximately zero.

Hours involved in trying to straighten out misguided Verizon personel:  approaching six hours.

Number of upgraded phones in my possession: zero.

Number of upgrade phones in transit: zero.

Phone calls I received from customer service: One, with a promise to call back.  Call backs: zero.

To the gentle people who are Verizon customers, is it worth staying with Verizon?  If so, why?  Are my contracts with my phones (three) void due to incomplete orders and accusation of thievery?

Should I contact the person whose phone I received to see how Verizon resolved the issue?

Will Verizon actually make my claims whole and compensate me for my time and poor service?

Stay Tuned.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I was accused of theft by Verizon when they sent me the wrong phone.
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

I assume your saying Verizon made up the accusation to cover their incompetence.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

If Verizon actually thought you use someone else's credit card info you wouldn't be here typing you'd be in jail.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

More and more reasons to switch to a carrier where you can bring your own device.

Not applicable

msturgis wrote:

More and more reasons to switch to a carrier where you can bring your own device.

Which carrier are you with?

0 Likes
EyePhoneless
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bull puckey, they can't even figure out to get me a phone, let alone contact authorities.

0 Likes
EyePhoneless
Enthusiast - Level 2

One week later, still no phone.  I received a promise that if  call a special number I will get one overnighted....

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

I assume your saying Verizon made up the accusation to cover their incompetence.

rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

Special phone number from Verizon? I wouldn t count on it.

0 Likes