I've had verizon for 8 months and the service has slowly gotten worse
danwatson

I got verizon with the Note 3 in November and thought the service was great. Now, for the last several months I feel like my connections have gotten slower, I'm always switching between 3g and 4g, and my phone battery life has taken a huge hit from what I feel is bad service connection. I will all the time pull my phone out of my pocket to see 1X on the signal that switches to 3G after a while and maybe to 4G randomly every so often. This is an area that says I have full 4G coverage and I used to see a 4G LTE connection consistently. Zip code is 34711.

I used to have Sprint and switched because of the bad service only to be disappointed once again after a couple months of better service.

Either that or maybe there is an issue with my phone no longer having as strong a connection. Don't use a case or anything so I'm not sure if it is possible for the phone itself to provide a weaker signal over time due to anything

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: I've had verizon for 8 months and the service has slowly gotten worse
Titan614

I'm taking the TMobile test drive....here's my Verizon phone in comparison

speedtest.jpg

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Mine is the opposite.

However speeds have been improving overall.

Always go with what works and never follow the "loyalty" card. Make them work for your money.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your service and device performance to stay consistent danwatson! I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. Is this happening in more than one area? Your zip shows strong coverage. What type of location is this? Have you tried pulling the battery or completed a soft reset by power cycling the phone dialy(off/on)?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
danwatson

Yep, I've done the reset and it's the same. I'm inside a building most of the day and would attribute it to that except my service used to be great here and recently tends to go in and out. Like I said, sometimes I pick up my phone and it's rocking 4G and others i'm down to 3g or 1x. I find that when this happens my phone gets warm and the battery drains faster as well. Also, yes, in other areas I used to get strong 4g signals, I have noticed 3g popping up quite often. For being a 4g area (Orlando) I'm on 3g 50% of the time. This is on the Note 3.

Not sure if this could be related to the recent update or physically in the phone itself but it would be doubtful. I have noticed this phone seems to accumulate dust/dirt inside easily as some of my sensors (like the ambient sensors) have stopped reading due to dust (have to blow it out with air often) but I doubt this would affect signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate the insight that you were able to provide, DanWatson. Do friends, family, coworkers have similar issues with service in the area?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes