I used to pay more for Verizons steller customer service.
guitarpicker1984

I called customer service to upgrade my phone today.  I've been a customer with Verizon since 2008 now because they used to have excellent customer service.  Not anymore.  The representative stated I could keep my current plan with unlimited data (grandfathered in) and pay for a new phone over the course of 12 months.  "Cool", I thought, but when I tried to start the process of getting a new phone I was told it wasn't possible and I would have to give up my unlimited data.  A Verizon employee at a store (a corporate branch) said that since they had told me I could keep it, they now have to.  When I called back I got transferred to a rather rude supervisor who gave the same answer that it couldn't be done and there was nothing I could do about it.  He then suggested I pay for a used phone from a third party seller.  If I was looking to buy a used phone, I wouldn't have been on the phone with Verizon in the first place looking for a new one. 

When there are so many pre-paid plans and phones out there for WAY less, I would think Verizon would be more focused on their customer service.  Guess not.

Thoroughly unimpressed.  The customer service level is gone, and so am I.  Your employees are misinformed, your supervisors are rude, and your prices for monthly plans are far to high for me to put up with it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I used to pay more for Verizons steller customer service.
Not applicable

You can only use Verizon's device payment plan at a Verizon wireless corporate store only. Not online, not over the phone.

At Verizon's web portal or google Verizon's device payment plan FAQ's print it out before you go into the corporate store.

They can do it there. It is 12 monthly payments plus a $2 service charge for twelve months ($24 for the year) at first payment there is also full taxes that must be paid, after that eleven equal payments  on the balance.

No plan changes and everything except for the esn/emeid is changed in the system for your old device.

Verizon is trying to get the unlimited data off customer accounts. Again go to the store.

Good Luck

0 Likes
guitarpicker1984

It was a representative at a corporate store that told me it couldn't be done without losing my unlimited data.  Which led to the second phone call to customer service that resulted in talking to the rude supervisor.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep in another post I stated that they will lie and say you will lose unlimited data.

They are told to do this.

If you bring the FAQ's like I suggested they will just go in and do it right. Bring a copy of your invoice showing your plan particulars so that the only change to it is the new device Id on the line of your account.

You must be firm, don't take any word of them. Make them do it and do it right.

Good Luck

0 Likes
SMRFETT

Is this the FAQ page you are referring to?

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/FeaturesandOptionalServices/device-installment-plan....

I don't see anything on it that says you get to get keep your grandfathered in unlimited data plan. What am I missing?

0 Likes
Not applicable

yep that one and these below:

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/04/23/verizon-details-its-device-payment-plan-says-that-it-can-be-used-...

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/04/22/verizons-device-payment-plan-can-be-used-as-a-way-to-keep-unlim...

Verizon's CEO was the one that issued the statement on keeping unlimited data on the Device Payment Plan.

Good Luck

0 Likes
SMRFETT

Thanks a bunch!! I really appreciate your help. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

Glad to help!

Good Luck

0 Likes