I tried leaving ATT and have worse issues !
SHARKDIGITAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to try to remove as much ATT as I could from my life. So at my Brewery, I got rid of my land lines and DSL. I got a MiFi usb cell to access the internet from work and transferred my land phone number to a Verizon wireless iPhone. When I got the MiFi, I was told I would have 4G LTE and then after a certain data usage, switch to 3G. Now it switches to a useless 600 megabits. It took ten minutes to get to this page. Then it stalled and I had to use personal hot spot from a phone (that's how messed up it is now). The MiFi I bought thinking it would always be 3G or higher is now useless after my data allowance. The device is on my unlimited plan, but is considered a hot spot (even though it only allows one usb device to use it) and I"m limited to 15 gigs and then "less than 600mb", which is useless.

I feel ripped off. Just like I did when I got the Verizon "Verizon SmartHub in Light Gray".  I tried three different phone on it. No of them would ring. I contacted customer service serval times, couldn't get it resolved. So after a year plus, I finally removed the phone feature from it and just use it for 10 gigs a month wifi (very expensive 10 gigs). I thought switching from ATT was a good idea. Boy was I wrong!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
Re: I tried leaving ATT and have worse issues !
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you read the FAQs for your specific plan? Here is one. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/beyond-unlimited-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SHARKDIGITAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

The plan has changed since I joined. That's the big difference between Verizon & ATT. When you start a plan with ATT, it stays the same forever (with rate increases over time).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How did it change?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHARKDIGITAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

"On all Verizon Unlimited plans you get our fast LTE speeds. To ensure a quality experience for all customers, after 22 GB of data usage on a line during any billing cycle we may prioritize usage behind other customers in the event of network congestion. While we don’t expect to do that very often, network management is a crucial tool that benefits all Verizon customers. If you’re on Verizon Unlimited, you’ll have the same coverage and reliability as everybody else.You can add a connected smart watch, GizmoPal, or other connected device for just $5 each month. Get TravelPass for $10 per day (500 MB/day limit; 2G speeds after that) while overseas. Mobile Hotspot with 10 GB of 4G LTE data is included at no charge (after 10 GB you’ll get 3G data speeds)."

0 Likes
SHARKDIGITAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

(9216 is a lot faster than 600)

0 Likes
SHARKDIGITAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my ATT unlimited plan, they started throttling down access. That was not what I signed up for!  A class action lawsuit made ATT give me a refund and stop the throttling. I am still on that old, non-throttled unlimited plan. Now only original unlimited ATT plans are not throttled.

Maybe a Class Action suit against Verizon could correct this issue too?

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

Class action law suits aren't possible against your carrier, per the US Supreme Court. But don't take my word for it, consult an attorney. That action against ATT was through the Federal Trade Commission.

0 Likes
SHARKDIGITAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

"A federal judge has revived a lawsuit that angry customers filed against AT&T over the company's throttling of unlimited mobile data plans."

AT&T suffers another blow in court over throttling of “unlimited” data | Ars Technica

0 Likes
SHARKDIGITAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess California is different.

0 Likes