I think unlimited data should be cancelled
JoePits88

Those of us who do not get the unlimited are paying for those who do! If Verizon discontinued the unlimited option (even the grandfather workarounds) unless a premium price was paid, then the service could be better for everyone else.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I think unlimited data should be cancelled
psgmolina
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your just jealous that you don't have unlimited data. I bet that if you had a chance to get VZ unlimited data you would jump at the chance.  You obviously don't know how the technology works. And these users  are already paying a premium. Do your research before you come on here and run your mouth about a topic you know nothing about.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

A premium price is being paid. Unlimited data is now $50 plus the cost of a service plan. Those with unlimited data don't have unlimited calling (and unless they pay for it they don't have unlimited texting either). Chances are you are paying less than someone with unlimited data per individual line. So no, those of you without unlimited are not paying for those that do have it.

Tidbits
Legend

Also they have to buy their phones outright or do DPP. So they end up possibly paying an additional  $35 on top of what they are already paying.

Weth
Legend

You would feel differently if the situation was reversed. Verizon has always grandfathered in plans. It is good you can plan on that consistency. It is the way Verizon has chosen. Life is full of areas where you are subsidizing others or others are subsidizing you. With the recent price increases, it is not so clear those still on unlimited are being subsidized, unless they are using well above 90th percentile of data usage.

** I do not currently have any unlimited data lines, and it doesn't bother me one bit. I had some in the past and voluntarily gave them up for a plan that was a better deal for my situation.

0 Likes
kitchen_sink
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon increased the price of unlimited data.  If you wanted unlimited data well then switch to another carrier.

0 Likes