I switched to verizon wireless more than two years ago because evryone said you guys have the best customer service. Since that time, I needed your technical support for the first time. I moved to a new area and your service is terrible here. If I am insi
SunnyMinhas

I switched to verizon wireless more than two years ago because evryone said you guys have the best customer service. Since that time, I needed your technical support for the first time. I moved to a new area and your service is terrible here. If I am inside my house I can't even talk on my cellphone. Calls on my phone go directly to my voicemail. I called the tech support and they said they will check and call me back. I waited for 2 weeks for your call back but when I called to check the status, I was told there is nothing you can do about it. Then the guy suggested that I should buy some kind of range extender to fix this for which I have to pay more than 200 dollars. My question is simple. Is it my problem that you guys don't have signal here? Why should I pay for an equipment which I should not need anyway if you had good service here? Is there a clause in the 2 yr agreement that you make us sign which holds you responsible if your service is bad?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I switched to verizon wireless more than two years ago because evryone said you guys have the best customer service. Since that time, I needed your technical support for the first time. I moved to a new area and your service is terrible here. If I am
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

YYes it's your problem. Because they're trying to give you a solution to you moving where they don't have coverage. Nope.

0 Likes
Re: I switched to verizon wireless more than two years ago because evryone said you guys have the best customer service. Since that time, I needed your technical support for the first time. I moved to a new area and your service is terrible here. If I am
SunnyMinhas

Then I guess it's good my contract is up in 7 days. All three lines will go to At&t since their service works fine. And by the way, I did check their coverage map before moving. It shows this area has full 4G LTE service.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

BBut you didn't read the map disclaimer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lewisr13,

I'd like to look into this for you so you can be happy with us for many years to come. I'm sorry for all of this frustration and look forward to hearing back from the Direct Message I've sent.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

SunnyMinhas wrote:

Then I guess it's good my contract is up in 7 days. All three lines will go to At&t since their service works fine. And by the way, I did check their coverage map before moving. It shows this area has full 4G LTE service.

You should always go with the provider which gives you the best service for your needs. NO provider has the best service in all areas or even HAS service in all areas. If this is what you expect, cellular service is NOT your answer.

If AT&T has adequate service in your area, you should certainly go with them over a provider which DOES NOT have service in your area.

Those coverage maps ALSO state the service coverage is an estimate and may be affected by terrain, surrounding buildings, foilage, etc..., and is why you cannot rely strictly on those maps. You should have checked for yourself, in and around your new residence. Luckily, you are only locked into Verizon for 7 more days before you are able to move on without an ETF.

Good luck with your new provider.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
SunnyMinhas

You sent the message to wrong person I guess. I did not receive your message.

0 Likes
SunnyMinhas

Thank you rcschnoor.

I will say this though. I do understand that no provider has service in all the areas. I understand this better than a regular person because at some point in my life I was working as a engineering consultant for the carriers. I know the problem that my area has and I know what they can do to fix it. The question is would they?

Again, the reason I switched to verizon was because I thought they have better support than everyone else, and they would put customer first in these kind of situations. Anyways, thanks for your comments.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

SunnyMinhas wrote:

I know the problem that my area has and I know what they can do to fix it. The question is would they?

That would certainly depend on the problem. Care to share?

0 Likes
SunnyMinhas

Yes I did lewisr13

But when the map shows an entire city to have excellent LTE service, and you are almost in center of the city, with no landmarks (not even a tall tree) to block the signal, I assumed I could take the map at face value. My bad.

0 Likes