I set up my LG Lucid's screen lock to be secured with a PIN. I hate this feature!
BipolarCool

After I set the screen lock to unlock with a numeric PIN, I am not given the option to disable it. I see 6 options.                                                                     1. None- No screen lock

2. Swipe

3.Face unlock

4.Pattern

5.PIN

6.Password

The top 4 options are not enabled for some reason. The only 2 that are enabled are options I don't want. I do not want a lock on my screen at all. Are there other options to deal with this besides downloading the No Lock App from Google Play or a factory reset? I use my phone heavily to admin a Facebook page & I do not know what will happen to all the info from the oodles of apps I've downloaded. I would really hate to lose everything. I have Backup Assistant set up, but that isn't working properly for some reason, either. I would like to not have to use that app since it takes up valuable storage space, which is at a premium for me. Please help save my sanity! I just have not been able to find a satisfactory answer on my own & it's bugging the you-know-what out of me!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I set up my LG Lucid's screen lock to be secured with a PIN. I hate this feature!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your phone setup with a device administrator or a corporate account that requires more device security?

On my Nexus, I have the option to change from a pin security lock to any other option. I have read that some corporate accounts require a minimum of a pin or password to access the phone.

If you are an admin for a Facebook page, then I wouldn't thin you would want just anyone to access your phone and all the information contained within. By having no password of an kind, you are basically inviting people into your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: I set up my LG Lucid's screen lock to be secured with a PIN. I hate this feature!
BipolarCool

You're totally right about not wanting just anybody to be able to get into my phone! I want a lock & plan to use the pattern option when this is all figured out. For some reason, the PIN screen lock is just a pain in my backside & I just don't like it.I have never set up a device admin or anything like that, so if that is the problem, I have no clue how it happened. I'm getting ready to call tech support or whoever to do a reset because of a major family emergency; I've got to be able to rely on it working right now.I think I will try to figure out if what you mentioned is the problem before the reset. Thanks for trying to help a tech-challenged goof-ball!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the full online user manual to verify you are completing the steps to change the security correctly?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also I have tried to use a pattern for security in the past. In my personal experience, I found the pin security is actually faster than the pattern to get into the phone.

Whatever you decide to use, is your choice and I can only present the options and an opinion of those options.

0 Likes
IDgirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem i hate it i have spent all week trying to unlock it back to where it didnt have a lock , If you get any advice please post thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi IDgirl,

Your efforts are greatly appreciated! Let's get to the bottom of this, have you tried:http://vz.to/1lygdXS ?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes