I now understand why people leave Verizon..
MISSSD2003
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've seen and heard of more and more people complaining about Verizon. I used to defend them vociferously. I've been a customer for decades. I did have to leave for a couple years due to a relative running my bill through the roof, but came back about a year later and have been with them ever since. I could immediately tell the negative changes. And I totally get it! They solely exist to make money.  However I also now see why the posts I read, the research I do, the people I talk to why so many leave. I've had the so called full coverage insurance with Asurion - the ONLY company Verizon works with for insurance i'm told....and after having to file a claim for THE FIRST TIME EVER...I have to pay them $200! I realize to most of you that's not a problem...but I'm not "most" and that's absolutely a problem. As a paying dedicated customer!

I called Verizon last night because I wanted to make sure I was understanding the email correctly from Asurion and the cust serv rep - as nice as he was - tried to compare having this insurance and paying the deductible to paying a deductible at the doc's office or auto ins. I almost lost it! Listen to me carefully Verizon..I told him as I am not telling you...advise your reps N O T to say that to people .That is NOT ok! A cell phone's deductible should NOT be compared to medical or auto insurance!!!!!!!!!! That's the lowest selling point you've come up with to persuade people into buying this rip off insurance! I can't do it. I'm going to Metro PCS...not that anyone but me cares and that's fine. I totally get the masses of your customers are on board with the whole $200 deducible and great for them. But its a rip off....a rip off that you are selling as a GOOD DEAL!

You are already THE most expensive carrier and you need to still rip people off on the insurance end as well?! I can't deal...

I would like to be sure I add that I love your service. Most of your reps are fantastic. But you are scam artists now more than ever. And where I used to be willing to pay whatever because of the great service, it is now clear that this is a cash grab! I don't care if it's the year 2020....this whole insurance deductible thing needs to be adjusted ASAP!

And again..while this is my sole opinion....Good riddance to bad rubbish!

You can try as hard as you want to justify it....but please don't.

Everything does not work for everyone....lose that approach to service!!!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I now understand why people leave Verizon..
rcschnoor
Legend

MISSSD2003 wrote:

I've seen and heard of more and more people complaining about Verizon. I used to defend them vociferously. I've been a customer for decades. I did have to leave for a couple years due to a relative running my bill through the roof, but came back about a year later and have been with them ever since. I could immediately tell the negative changes. And I totally get it! They solely exist to make money. However I also now see why the posts I read, the research I do, the people I talk to why so many leave. I've had the so called full coverage insurance with Asurion - the ONLY company Verizon works with for insurance i'm told....

Untitled-1.jpg

And the same insurance company which works with AT&T, metroPCS, Sprint, T-Mobile just to name a few. There are other places you can get insurance for your phone, but they are not available thru your carrier. Square Trade comes to mind. Regardless, whichever insurance provider you choose to use, you will have a deductible of approximately the same amount as the deductible Asurion has. If you are unhappy with the deductible, cancel your insurance coverage, take better care of your phone and put the insurance premiums in an account in order to use towards a new phone if you ever have the need.

Personally, I NEVER purchase the insurance. Over the course of 20+ years of using cellphones, I have only needed to replace a phone due to physical damage(or any other reason for that matter) ONCE. In those 20+ years of not paying an insurance premium on any of my 5 lines of service, I have saved several thousands of dollars, more than enough to purchase multiple new phones as replacements. Additionally, I have multiple old phones I no longer use but are in perfect working condition I can use instead of purchasing a new phone should I damage a phone and need to purchase a new one and would prefer not to do so.

MISSSD2003 wrote:

A cell phone's deductible should NOT be compared to medical or auto insurance!!!!!!!!!! That's the lowest selling point you've come up with to persuade people into buying this rip off insurance! I can't do it. I'm going to Metro PCS...not that anyone but me cares and that's fine. I totally get the masses of your customers are on board with the whole $200 deducible and great for them. But its a rip off....a rip off that you are selling as a GOOD DEAL!

Keep in mind that you do not want to purchase insurance thru MetroPCS for any phone you purchase from them as you would STILL be using Asurion for the insurance and STILL have the same deductible you would have with Verizon.

I don't think many people think phone insurance is a good deal. I certainly don't and that is why I have never purchased it for myself, my wife or either of my 2 daughters and have saved thousands by not paying the premiums. Most people, instead, purchase the insurance WITHOUT looking into how much the deductible for a claim is and claim "rip off" when they end up filing one. The deductible IS NOT hidden. It is readily available before purchasing the insurance. In the future, don't sign up for something you don't understand, even at MetroPCS and insurance on any phone you purchase from them.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you being a long time customer who has defended us in the past and for coming back to us after leaving,  MISSSD2003.

We sincerely apologize if there was any misunderstanding when you originally signed up for protection. We do our best to avoid this by including this detail in your Terms & Conditions in the brochure that was provided when you received your device and which was included in the Welcome Kit that was mailed to you by Asurion. The deductible that you pay for a new or remanufactured replacement device is much less than paying the full retail price for a new device, which is $500.00 for most devices.

Deductibles are a fraction of the full replacement cost of a new device. For this new device it will cost you over $500.00 to replace it should something happen between now and the 24th month. Plus, if your device malfunctions, there is no deductible for extended warranty claims.

We appreciate the feedback and certainly hope you will continue to be a Verizon customer.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MISSSD2003
Enthusiast - Level 2

Save it. LIke I said...what works for some does not work for all. I take stellar care of my phone. This is my first claim ever..in the life of having a cell phone. Use that spiel on people who typically damage or lose their phone. I respect and appreciate the response from the other post before yours.

You've continued ...like a robot...to spit out the same pre- arranged message, as I've said...that does not apply to EVERY customer. So Verizon couldn't possibly appreciate me being a customer by addressing every concern with the same mantra. BUT that's just me. I'm sure most of your customers agree with you. Today you've just one across one who doesn't. Such is life.

0 Likes
MISSSD2003
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the valuable feedback. I TOTALLY blame myself for not looking at the fine print, if you will. I think your approach to the situation is a really good one. I've learned a good lesson in this instance. I've taken advantage of the fact that I normally take such good care of my things, cell phone included that I took for granted the need to even read to have to get a replacement at some point. I set my own self up in this case.

Have a great one!

0 Likes