I need help determining a plan!
ColeRD

My two year contract is up, and I am eligible for a new plan and phone. Currently I have the More Everything Unlimited talk and text plan with 3 GB of data. I pay $60 for the data and $40 for the smartphone line access. I am wondering if there is a cheaper plan available? I need at least 3 GB of data, but anything and everything else can be limited.

Additionally, I am planning on buying the iPhone 6+. Since I am eligible for an upgrade, will  the phone be discounted or no? Also, I have my current iPhone 5 that I could trade in, but I've heard I should not count on getting anything for it. Is this true?    

If you guys could help that would be great!

Thanks,
Cole

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I need help determining a plan!
Not applicable

The iPhone 6+ is $299 discounted for the cheapest version if you sign a 2 year contract. Plus $30 upgrade fee and any sales taxes your state may charge.

You could get the device on the Edge plan it would be $31.24 a month. You either pay the sales tax( on full price ) upfront on on your first bill. You'd also get a $15 line fee credit. So making your bill bill $15 high but you pay less upfront.

Or you could take the same $329 plus tax you would have paid on an upgrade and use it as down payment on the Edge plan. Making your payment about the same as you Edge discount. You could also trade in your iPhone 5 for credit to apply towards your Edge payment but I wold probably sell it separately then use that money to put down on your iPhone 6+.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ColeRD we'll make sure everything is clear and find the best option! How many lines do you have? How much data do you average? http://vz.to/1mgoPDr

Next it's awesome that you're looking to get a new device! You can benefit from the promotional pricing. For all the details, check out http://vz.to/1e948q1 . As mentioned, you can also utilize our Device Recycling Program http://bit.ly/1i1vrCu to help offset the cost.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ColeRD

Right now, I have 3GB and I haven't gone over, but I use about 90-99% of the data. I am on my own plan, so it is a single line. Like I said above, I pay $40 for the line and $60 for the data. I believe I have the More everything plan unlimited text and call right now.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The iPhone 6+ is $299 discounted for the cheapest version if you sign a 2 year contract. Plus $30 upgrade fee and any sales taxes your state may charge.

You could get the device on the Edge plan it would be $31.24 a month. You either pay the sales tax( on full price ) upfront on on your first bill. You'd also get a $15 line fee credit. So making your bill bill $15 high but you pay less upfront.

Or you could take the same $329 plus tax you would have paid on an upgrade and use it as down payment on the Edge plan. Making your payment about the same as you Edge discount. You could also trade in your iPhone 5 for credit to apply towards your Edge payment but I wold probably sell it separately then use that money to put down on your iPhone 6+.

0 Likes