I'm thinking about leaving Verizon
jerryjr87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't get me wrong, the service is great but the  problem is, the 4g lte. It's almost non existent. I live in an extended  4g area and what that means is that if the conditions are right and I'm  in the right spot then I "might" get 4g. It's very spotty and when I do  get it, it lasts about 5 to 10 mins. I experience this once every 3 or  so weeks which is unacceptable. Also, we had a Verizon store but the  packed up and left and didn't tell nobody so I have to drive 30 miles to the nearest Verizon.  Should I stay or leave?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm thinking about leaving Verizon
budone
Legend

Only you can answer that. What is your zip code?

0 Likes
jerryjr87
Enthusiast - Level 1

My zip code is 39429 and if you were in the same situation, would you switch considering that At&t has full 4g lte and a At&t store where I live. Also, C spire which is a small cellular company out of Mississippi has 4g lte here.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Would depend on what my work discount is at ATT. Another issue for me would be the loss of unlimited data if I switched.

Knowing most towers have only one 4G antenna (Have to keep 3G on the towers right now) to get coverage 4G coverage out, at some point more antenna will be added which should help in coverage. How soon that will be is anyone's guess

0 Likes
jerryjr87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have unlimited data and never did with Verizon so that doesn't apply to me. If Verizon doesn't have 4G LTE by the end of this year then I'm going to At&t. At&t has good service where I'm at and it also has full fledged 4G LTE, something that Verizon doesn't have here currently. It's on you Verizon...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Well ATT is not true LTE either.

0 Likes
jerryjr87
Enthusiast - Level 1

How did you come to the conclusion that AT&T isn't true LTE?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It is all over the place, none of the big 4 are true 4G. What is ATT? HSPA+ Which is a juiced up 3G. It was originally named 3.5G But it is faster than 3G

0 Likes
jerryjr87
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
jerryjr87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also check this out. A whopping  71 mbps. You can't tell me that At&t doesn't have true 4g lte

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdKb3yVVvY

0 Likes