I'm Leaving Android looking to move to Blackberry, IOS, or Windows Whats the best Non-Android OS?
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Just came from the Kit Kat Developers webpage and I'm Done with Android. What they say is not how its really working and I'm just done.  NO MORE ANDROID. The problem is all I know is Android.  I love Android. But i'm willing to let it go and open my mind to something new. 

Need to hear from some real Android lovers  like myself who left and are happy with their Iphone, BlackBerry or Windows phone and why.   Share your experience. 

Right now I have a Galaxy S4, a Note 3, a Droid Razr M and a Droid Ultra. I change phones like people change shoes.  I love my S4 more than any other, my Droids are a close second, but I recently had to gut my S4 to get it to work right after the update.  Kit Kat has me just fed up, It's awful and I have even more reasons to dislike it besides the fact that it has ruined every phone i have on Verizon, so now I know I want to move to another OS, just trying to make the best decision because I only know Android.

Who is loving their blackberry right now? 

What other operating system do you think would be the best fit: 

• I love to customize my phone.  I change it weekly. I use Nova Launcher, Windows 8 fake Laucher, Go Locker, and other Lauchers.  I change em monthly.  I use Rocker Dialer, Handscent SMS, FlashFox Browser, and other apps to customize my phone. 
  • I have a ton of news apps and news widgets and spend 2 hours a day reading news from all over the world.
  • I watch Live TV on my phone in the morning while getting ready.  I also watch movies and Netflix.  Must be able to have Netflix.  Need a nice big screen. 
  • I need a swipe keyboard. I don't do peck and type.
  • I don't take a lot of photos. 
  • I am a very heavy email user with several email accounts in one in box.  Love the way the S4 handles email and hate the way my Droids handle email. 
  • I also have several laptops, tablets and a PC. But rely mostly on my Galaxy S4 phone over them all.
  • I want a new phone, love the S5, but the Galaxy S5 is Kit Kat, and I'm not feeling it.   
  • I really want a removable battery and removable SD cards.  I love my Droids but don't use them much bc there is no removable battery and it doesnt work for me. 

What should be my next phone? Please help.  Need to hear from former Android users. Any and all opinions welcomed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm Leaving Android looking to move to Blackberry, IOS, or Windows Whats the best Non-Android OS?
evilincarnate
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I don't understand why you hate Kit Kat.  I have an S5 and KitKat is a vast improvement from my Droid Razr Maxx with Jelly Bean.  My other half has a Droid Razr Maxx HD that just got the KitKat update and he said it was a vast improvement.  Is the problem rally android?  Or did Samsung somehow mess up the update for the S4?

Everyone I know that had a blackberry no longer uses blackberry (why would they, it's a sunken ship).

An iphone is obviously not for you if you want a big phone.  I just don't understand what is wrong with KitKat?

Re: I'm Leaving Android looking to move to Blackberry, IOS, or Windows Whats the best Non-Android OS?
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Kit Kat changed Android quite a bit.  And the changes to me are not that great. But what bothers me most is the way sms messages are now handled.  Kit Kat ruined my S4. Nothing worked. Now Im glad you are happy with the S5. It was made for Kit Kat. So was my Note 3. I bought it with Kit Kat installed but this recent update has caused so many problems on my Note 3 too and I'm tired of spending time addressing it. I want a phone that just works.  I'm tired of dealing with Android.

0 Likes
evilincarnate
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you know, most people would argue they like IOS because "it just works" (I've never found that a compelling reason to get anything which just made me annoyed at iOS because I do not like the interface the rare times I've experienced it).  But aren't you going to have to actually play with phones with said OS's in order to really decide which one you like best?  I have yet to hear anyone say anything positive about windows phones.

0 Likes
Re: I'm Leaving Android looking to move to Blackberry, IOS, or Windows   Whats the best Non-Android OS?
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

I have played with several phones.  I just wanted feedback from others that have something different.  There is not a huge noticeably difference between Jelly Bean and Kit Kat on the user front. But significant changes in the background. 

That S5 is very nice. I think what you like best about your S5 is Samsung over Motorola, not necessarily Kit Kat. Droid vs Galaxy--they come from different worlds.  I like them both.  I have an S4, a Droid Razr M, a Droid Ultra and a Note 3.  Love my S4 the most and I really like the changes they made to the S5 except for the size. 

What do you like about your S5?   

0 Likes
Re: I'm Leaving Android looking to move to Blackberry, IOS, or Windows   Whats the best Non-Android OS?
Tidbits
Legend

I like windows phone. 8.1 is a large improvement. The reason why I haven't completely switched yet is app selection.

I use all platforms and each has their pros and cons.

IMHO don't blame the OS for what a manufacturer failings in coding.

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

I'm leaning towards the Blackberry Z30. But think I could like a Windows phone.  Can you change the home screen on the Windows phone?  I remember the old Windows phone use to be so customizable. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Depends by change the home screen.  Windows Phone is much like iOS in terms of home screen with the exception you can change the sizes of the tiles, and turn on or off live tiles.  In 8.1 the wallpaper is somewhat unique as it affects the tiles and not the background.

Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

You can't change and customize your  Windows or IOS home screen?  That is so disappointing.  How do people live this way?

I remember the old Windows OS on the HTC Touch from 10 years ago.  That OS was amazing before its time. You use to be able to customize that phone so much.   There are things that phone/OS could do that phones today still can't do. 

Now the Windows phones to me are for people who just use their phones to talk.  Its just a telephone with a camera. 

My Android has my whole life in it.  Its part of me.  It is an appendage to my arm, more valuable than a couple of fingers. 

(Do you see why I need to step away from Android?  I have an attachment problem.) 

So does anyone like their Z30? 

Tidbits
Legend

Some people like it simple.  personally I don't care if I can my phone fancy, or this and that.  That's the good thing about choices. Smiley Happy

I used all platforms.  You can do a lot with Windows Phone as well as the iOS.  It might not do things to your liking, and that again comes to personal tastes.

No matter how much fanboism is out there.  You can find almost every feature taken from some other OS long before it was bought by Google, and what Android INC originally had it.  The notification shade for example...  One could say it came from Palm or even the jailbreaking community for iOS devices.  Even the quick toggles as well within the notification shade.

0 Likes