I live in a bassement, and I don't get the service my husband gets with his Iphone. What an I do?
mizging

Verizon tells me that I live in a good area, yet no one gets great service here.  I very rarely even get calls..just messages and voice mails.  If I try calling, I drop calls, and I'm really frustrated to pay so much a month for what I consider insufficient service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I live in a bassement, and I don't get the service my husband gets with his Iphone. What an I do?
Snn5
Legend

You could always opt for a network extender or other signal amplifier from another supplier.  Phone make and model also play a large part due to antenna hardware.

View solution in original post

Re: I live in a bassement, and I don't get the service my husband gets with his Iphone. What an I do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mizging -

We want you to always experience excellent wireless service. How long have you been having difficulties? What zip code are you in? Is the issue mostly indoors or in your basement? Please share more details so we can better assist.

DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mizging

I've lived in Baxter since February and although service outside is somewhat better, I get service very rarely in the house.  My husband has an I phone 4 and I generally make calls using his phone...or people trying to reach me call him instead.  The other day, we were upstairs with insurance agents who both mentioned low bars. 

I have until 9/2016 and although I loved my phone at our previous address, I'm definitely no happy to be paying over 200 a month for unsatisfactory service.  SPRINT provided us with a booster at no charge but according to the man in the Verizon store who checked our service area...says,we have excellent service.  I beg to differ.

0 Likes
mizging

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Service isn't guaranteed outdoors, even though that's the best area to get the best signal.  Definitely indoors is more of a struggle, but in a basement, underground, that's a far-fetched wish.

NonnaTrish
Enthusiast - Level 1

May I ask please what are the devices that you and your husband have? I ask this because I live on the bottom level of an apartment building and may have an answer for you.

0 Likes
mizging

Hi...I have a Galaxy Note 3 and my husband has an I phone.

0 Likes
mizging

Than why do my husband's I phone and my sisters Edge work okay?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You could always opt for a network extender or other signal amplifier from another supplier.  Phone make and model also play a large part due to antenna hardware.

NonnaTrish
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not too familiar with the Galaxy Note 3 but I do believe it is a newer model phone than your husbands IPhone 4 therefore if my hunch is correct your issue could be the same as I had. I have lived in the same apartment for 8 years I purchased an IPhone 4 when they came out, then I upgraded to the IPhone 4 s, no problems ever with missed or dropped, failed calls etc. In January 2014 I upgraded to the IPhone 5 s and it was a night mare 1 -2 bars of signal if that everything you described. I had enough when my friend was visiting who had an IPhone 4s and did not experience any of the problems I was. I phoned Verizon for the umpteenth time and spoke to the customer loyalty team in exchange for me not ending my service the sent me a Samsung Range extender at no charge results were no more problems. I also " Live in an area that they said was a good coverage area." Could possibly be same problem newer device technology and being underground basically not able to make a strong connection, sounds silly but that is what it turned out to be. I will check back with you later to see if it gets better.

0 Likes