Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,280 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
I just received 2 calls from my own number, 1 of which I answered. What are the potential hazards?
QCSUPER

Can I have a lock placed on my account to prevent hacking, or porting? Also can I change my PIN & require picture ID for any changes made to my account?

If not, what security measures are available?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I just received 2 calls from my own number, 1 of which I answered. What are the potential hazards?
rcschnoor
Legend

QCSUPER wrote:

Can I have a lock placed on my account to prevent hacking, or porting? Also can I change my PIN & require picture ID for any changes made to my account?

If not, what security measures are available?

As long as Verizon has the option to make changes to your account online or over the phone, I don't see any way you can "require" picture ID for changes to be made for your account.

As to the title of your post, this does not really have anything to do with the body of your question. If you received 2 calls from your own number, it appears someone was "spoofing" your phone number. "Spoofing" a phone number does not require someone to have access to your account. Answering a call does not in itself have any potential hazards unless of course you believe everything a telemarketer tells you over the phone.

0 Likes
Re: I just received 2 calls from my own number, 1 of which I answered. What are the potential hazards?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes