I have suddenly started receiving "certificate errors" on a number of sites on my mobile web.
DE766doc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can no longer access my gmail account. I have a prepaid basic phone (Pantech) and everything had been fine until a couple of days ago.

I contacted support and went through all the steps! I removed the battery! I went through a reprogram! Nothing has changed! Since I was using a number of those sites (like Craigslist) in my "job hunt", this has caused a great deal of exhasperation! What suddenly changed? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have suddenly started receiving "certificate errors" on a number of sites on my mobile web.
DE766doc
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a lot of searching via my desktop, I find it kind of "ironic" that this has occurred at the same time as the passage of the FCC regs relative to "net neutrality"!  All I can find is a lot of "it's their problem, not ours" information about who is/has/will/will not update certificates! I wonder if my problems are related!! Seems to me there have been a lot of views in a short time of my post......and no answers??? I am guessing I am not alone!!

0 Likes
Re: I have suddenly started receiving "certificate errors" on a number of sites on my mobile web.
Snn5
Legend

I have yet to see any correlation between certificates and the NN/FCC story.  Usually, it's a browser issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DE766doc, here's a 2nd pair of eyes to look into this. Are you able to access that gmail e-mail address on another computer or device? http://vz.to/1kDL3MI

For more device support, click

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

I have noticed.. even on the laptop a large percent of certificates all only running 24 hours.. and on tops programs.. really causes a drag in service if you hit it at the switch time.. .. It has alot of forums keeping business with users thinking they were hit with virus or malware..

Has any one notice if it is certain areas or products?

0 Likes
DE766doc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the attempt Lasina. But, the support pages for my Pantech give no troubleshooting steps for the mobile web browser. I am able to access everything (including my gmail) on my desktop and other computers. I was having no problem accessing everything on my mobile web until a few days ago. I am able to search via Bing and I can access a number of sites. But then, there are "many", including my gmail sign in and google that return a "security error: the server certificate is untrusted" or "HTTP Error: 403 Forbidden"

As I mentioned, I have been through the "pull battery" "check NAM" "re-program" and "software update: check new" and nothing has changed. I receive the same errors.

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

Have you attempted to find the file where your certificates are stored and look to see the expiration days to see if the are expired or invalid

I just looked at mine,, am my trouble in in the default client certificates .. server exceptions and mobileapps.. under the TLS  settings Smiley Sad

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You will always have a few that have gone invalid with the date code, just be careful with those.

rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

agree  that is why I think we need to see what ones are getting errors.. the one I have does not expired til yr end.. and it is a server one..

Hopeful I can find a link

DE766doc
Enthusiast - Level 2

During the call to tech support one of the items checked was the root certificates listed on my phone. All were current with expiration dates ranging from 2019 to 2028.

In my original comment I mentioned the unique timing! (re: net neutrality). In my search for solutions on my "other" source of access I see a lot of comments about the "Verizon response"! Plus a lot of "it's their problem, not ours!"

I cannot get past that I was just fine, until all of a sudden! There were no changes on my end! One day I am scrolling along, the next I ain't!

And......just to add to the frustrations....why does it have to be so difficult to get assistance or support from Verizon Wireless???? Arrrgggh! I feel like I am tring to get answers from the NSA!

I think it is time to switch to another company for my own sanity! Thank "(removed for political correctnessc)", I am not stuck in a contract!