I have finally figured out Verizon...
fred72933

I started with SWBell in 1996, moved to Alltel in 1998 and was sucked into the Verizon bizzaro world when they bought Alltel.

This is not a company, it is one massive computer. The people at the offices are just worker bees feeding the computer. You cannot talk to a human being at customer service because there are so few. The few that exist are tied to their headsets from when they arrive until when they leave, but they are specialized in that they only can answer questions pertaining to their specialty area, sales, technical assist, etc. All these worker bees feed the mainframe and the CEO's sit in plush offices while the computer feeds them money, just like the useless drones in a bee hive.

This company no longer has a human touch, it is 100% machine. You cannot talk to anyone and explain a late bill. "Give us the money" has replaced "Can you hear me now?" and "Can you hear me now?" no longer comes from an ad, it is used by Verizon customers millions of times each day. If an area doesn't provide enough profit for the computer, cell towers are allowed to deteriorate to the point of being almost useless. If an area does not appear to be affluent enough, cell towers are never placed there. They have to sponge off of the cell towers in more affluent areas.

Verizon now longer has a human side, it is only a huge, uncaring computer with a suction hose attached to my bank account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have finally figured out Verizon...
Not applicable

ok, and your point is?

All the major companies have gone that route. They are in business to make money.

Is that not what you also work for? Money.

This is a peer to peer forum. So you are ranting to other customers.

I know it feels good to rant at times.

Oh you are purchasing a service which should be paid on time everytime there should be no need to call about any late payments. Your service is still on yet they are not getting paid. Is that fair?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Welcome to 2013.  The 1950's were 60 years ago.

0 Likes
fred72933

Who said I had to make a point? Forums are for expression and I just expressed my feelings about what Verizon has turned into.

What was wrong with the '50s and 60's? It was a much more enjoyable time. Too bad you missed it, it was fun.

I'm done.

>> Comments deleted; please keep it courteous and refrain from making condescending remarks about other community members <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

fred72933 wrote:

I started with SWBell in 1996, moved to Alltel in 1998 and was sucked into the Verizon bizzaro world when they bought Alltel.

This is not a company, it is one massive computer. The people at the offices are just worker bees feeding the computer. You cannot talk to a human being at customer service because there are so few. The few that exist are tied to their headsets from when they arrive until when they leave, but they are specialized in that they only can answer questions pertaining to their specialty area, sales, technical assist, etc. All these worker bees feed the mainframe and the CEO's sit in plush offices while the computer feeds them money, just like the useless drones in a bee hive.

This company no longer has a human touch, it is 100% machine. You cannot talk to anyone and explain a late bill. "Give us the money" has replaced "Can you hear me now?" and "Can you hear me now?" no longer comes from an ad, it is used by Verizon customers millions of times each day. If an area doesn't provide enough profit for the computer, cell towers are allowed to deteriorate to the point of being almost useless. If an area does not appear to be affluent enough, cell towers are never placed there. They have to sponge off of the cell towers in more affluent areas.

Verizon now longer has a human side, it is only a huge, uncaring computer with a suction hose attached to my bank account.

I don't find it hard at all to speak with a "human" when calling CS. I most recently called last Friday in order to have an NFC Sim card sent to me. I was on the phone for about 2 and a half minutes before I was connected with a "human". They took my information and had one sent out. By clicking on the tracking # in the confirmation email which was sent, I see the item is now sitting in my mailbox waiting for me to get home tonight.

Not applicable

I didn't say anything about making a point.  Also, I didn't miss the 50's or 60's or some of the 40's for that matter.  But things change over time.  If you don't embrace change, you get left behind.  And, actually, this forum is not about expressing your feelings.  It's about asking other Verizon customers for help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

>> Abusive comment removed for violation of the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Now i have my issues with vzw but get hold of CS isn't long of a wait.

0 Likes