I have an iPhone 6 and dont get reception in my apartment. I pay a lot of money for service each month and want to know why I can't use it.
brookeam80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 6 and don;t get reception in my apartment.  My neighbors get service with other wireless carriers and I am forced to pay for a monthly landline through my cable company so that I can make calls from the place I live.   I pay a lot of money for service each month and want to know why I can't use it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have an iPhone 6 and dont get reception in my apartment.  I pay a lot of money for service each month and want to know why I can't use it.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for offering these helpful details. We are dedicated to offering you the best possible service where you need it most. Many factors can affect reception indoors based on the construction and placement in relation to a tower. The area does register good network connections. I would suggest http://www.vzw.com/networkextender to improve indoor voice reception.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have an iPhone 6 and dont get reception in my apartment. I pay a lot of money for service each month and want to know why I can't use it.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@brookeam80

It’s important to me that you’re able to maintain a reliable wireless connection, even at home.  I would love to assist.

In what zip code are you experiencing service issues?  What type of signal does your iPhone 6 display and how many bars of service does your phone get when in your apartment?  How is service outdoors at this same location?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: I have an iPhone 6 and dont get reception in my apartment.  I pay a lot of money for service each month and want to know why I can't use it.
brookeam80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get 1 or 2 bars and it will show the wifi and switch sometimes to 3G or 1x.  The calls will sometimes go through but then are either dropped at some point or the reception is broken up.  I get all bars when I am outside the building.

I live in area code 28203.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for offering these helpful details. We are dedicated to offering you the best possible service where you need it most. Many factors can affect reception indoors based on the construction and placement in relation to a tower. The area does register good network connections. I would suggest http://www.vzw.com/networkextender to improve indoor voice reception.
YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brookeam80, it's important to us that you have reliable service. Based on the details that you've provided, it sounds like this is an isolated issue inside that building. Have you ever had reliable service here? Do you know of other wireless users having the same problem?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
brookeam80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have always had bad service here.  Other neighbor's with different carriers get service.  Its just verizon that is a problem.

0 Likes
brookeam80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also - I dont think I should have to pay $250 for a product when I'm paying almost $100 a month for reliable service.  Although I've been with Verizon for 13 or more years, it would be cheaper for me to leave and go to another carrier.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do not want to lose you, brookeam80. In fact, we want to assist in exploring all of your options.  Verizon does have a means of calling by using our LTE data network called VoLTE.  How does the call quality compare when Voice & Data is turned on vs. it being turned off?  Here is how to toggle this setting on and off: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203078 . .

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

True, other carriers will pay your ETF and give you a free router so that you have voice and messaging always (provided you have broadband internet at home.)

0 Likes