I find all of the billing confusing and really can't afford it anymore.
NickyCords
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't afford the monthly payments and I have been going over my minutes occasionally and got slammed with more charges.  I am constantly playing catch-up and I am drowning.  Does anyone know how much it costs to cancel a contract early.  I might be better. Off in the long run because there are easier and more affordable plans out there.  A little help please?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I find all of the billing confusing and really can't afford it anymore.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might see if there is someone in your family or a friend who is willing to do an "Assumption of Liability" for your account and take over the phone and number (they can change the number too, if they don't want to use the one you have).  Are there family members on a family plan that might be willing to add your line to their plan?  You could keep your number and phone and the cost would be less for you, although you will share minutes (on the older plans) or data (on the newer plans).

Early termination fees are as Elector stated: $350 less $10 for each month of completed contract for a smartphone; $175 less $5 for each completed month for a basic phone.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Depends on how long you have left on your contract. If smart phone its $350 with I believe $10 off for each month off the 24 months.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/return-policy

http://www.myrateplan.com/contract_termination_fees/

0 Likes
shabby71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find verizon to be VERY pricey.  I have been with them since they came out, and I am VERY disappointed in their charges, service and billing.  They have gotten horrible over the years.  I plan on discontinuing ALL service with them as soon as each phones contract is up.  Right now I pay $250 dollars a month for 4 phones - umlimited Talk and text and 2gigs of data.  What a RIP OFF.  I can go with a company like straight talk for 45 a phone, and save myself 60-70 dollars a month and HAVE UNLIMITED EVERYTHING.  I am behind every month.  I hate Verizon and can't wait for this to end.  If the early termination fees weren't so ridiculously high, I would pay them and get out of it now.

Not applicable

My prices with Verizon have not gone up in years.  I pay $50 for 700 minutes, $20 for 2 phones, and $9 for taxes and fees.  I also pay $30 for unlimited data and $30 for unlimited hotspot.  Total is $139.  I think that's very reasonable for what I need.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ted that is Very good what phone's are you using if it's ok to Ask?  Our bill with 500 min. with Unlimited is running in the neighborhood of $170.00  that's with 2 Razr Maxx's were minus the Unlimited hotspot.. b 

0 Likes
Not applicable

It doesn't matter what the phones are, they are $9.99 each.  (Driod Razr Maxx and LG Revere).  You probably have a texting plan.  I use Google Voice.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cool.. yea i have the unlimited texting, and picture messaging in my plan.. i'm going to hold on too them as long as i can..no changes in my phones for while anyway.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might see if there is someone in your family or a friend who is willing to do an "Assumption of Liability" for your account and take over the phone and number (they can change the number too, if they don't want to use the one you have).  Are there family members on a family plan that might be willing to add your line to their plan?  You could keep your number and phone and the cost would be less for you, although you will share minutes (on the older plans) or data (on the newer plans).

Early termination fees are as Elector stated: $350 less $10 for each month of completed contract for a smartphone; $175 less $5 for each completed month for a basic phone.

rcschnoor
Legend

Elector is correct.

For basic phones it is half of what smartphones are, or $175 less $5 for each month of your contract you have completed.

SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear this is all piling up on you. Verizon is not the most affordable carrier. I think it's worth the coverage and service, but I wouldn't feel that way if paying the bills were becoming difficult. If you need to cut costs, consider the alternatives, but keep in mind how the ETF will factor in overall to what you'll pay in the long run.