I demand a refund for an unauthorized port on Verizon Prepaid
th3techgirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two days ago, I was on Verizon Wireless Prepaid website checking out their plans and comparing them to my current Prepaid Service Provider. In order to see the plans I had to put in my cellular device ESN and the number I would have ported. The moment I hit the next button I was sent directly to the porting process and Verizon started porting my number over without even telling me that it would. I called into Verizon porting department and told the rep that I DID NOT want to port my number over. The rep did not help with the matter but said that the port already went through and that I had to add funds to my account. So here I am without a phone that I NEED because I have to travel and can not be without a device. So I added the funds and called back into Verizon to demand a refund and now for the last two days I am not getting anywhere but out of pocked by $45 with Verizon. I did port back to my other carrier and had to pay another $40 just for service. Why would I want to go to Verizon for $45 when with Page Plus I can get more for less? I demand a refund as I told that agent that I did not want to port over and to cancel it. Page Plus tried to cancel on their end but it was too late. I will never do business with Verizon again. I did try calling the porting department as well as the prepaid number for verizon and all the automated thing does is hang up on me. I can't get a live rep now.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I demand a refund for an unauthorized port on Verizon Prepaid
rcschnoor
Legend

It is doubtful you will get a refund from Verizon of your $45. Verizon does not require you to enter in your number to view their plans They are available HERE and I can see all of them without providing ANY information. It appears you started the port process without fully understanding what your were doing, or possibly a case of buyers remorse.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is doubtful you will get a refund from Verizon of your $45. Verizon does not require you to enter in your number to view their plans They are available HERE and I can see all of them without providing ANY information. It appears you started the port process without fully understanding what your were doing, or possibly a case of buyers remorse.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

th3techgirl We apologize for the frustration that this port process has caused. We want to help make this a better experience. In regards to the refund, were you charged for VZW services or are you asking for a refund for what it cost you to port back to Page plus?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

th3techgirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I was charged for VZW services. I am not looking for a refund for porting back to Page Plus. I had no choice but to activate with VZW just to have a phone as well as PP told me they could not port the number until it was active and I had to add the $45. If it can't be done, no biggy. I will eat it and learn. Part of life.