I can't seem to call my House Phone?
coreanjustin

All of a sudden, starting this morning, my [Verizon] mobile phone cannot call my [Verizon] house phone. I have a similar problem with my house phone, as it also cannot call my mobile phone. In addition to this, my Dad's business phone cannot forward calls to his mobile phone (from his business land line). Everything is Verizon. We have had [almost] no problems for more than 5 years; however, all of this started Monday morning. I can call the rest of my family on their mobile phones just fine, so what's wrong with the land lines? I'm not sure if this is related, but, when I was listening to my Dads conversation with a Verizon rep, they said something strange. Apparently, according to the Verizon guy, calls from a land line to a mobile phone is considered long distance. Now this didn't sound right, so I asked the guy "What if the mobile phone is local?" To which the Verizon guy replied "all calls to mobile phones are considered long distance, it doesn't matter if the mobile phone is local." What? This isn't making any sense. Later, the Verizon guy told me calls to mobile phones are considered long distance because they use a satellite? Since when did that matter? I'm not sure what's going on, it's as if they changed some policy without letting us know about it. If they did, we had absolutely no warning, and the phones just stopped working properly. This is absurd, and no one should have to through all this crap. All I know is, I love Verizon FiOS internet, and it would be a shame to lose it simply because their phone service is a PoS.

Any how, any help regarding this would be appreciated. I believe my parents will be going to a Verizon store to resolve this issue; however, I don't know how exactly to approach them. My dad's English isn't the best, so I will most likely be talking to the Verizon people.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't seem to call my House Phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the problem is with the landlines only, then perhaps you should ask your question in the Verizon Residential forum. http://forums.verizon.com/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I can't seem to call my House Phone?
coreanjustin

Well, when my house calls my mobile phone, I get an error. The same thing happens when I try to call my house from my mobile phone. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is... Either way, forums.verizon.com doesn't want to let me make an account without first "verifying" my identity. I posted in the wireless community since my mobile phone also seems to have some trouble. That and, perhaps there is someone else here who has also had the same problems in the past?

0 Likes