I can't receive SMS verification texts from apps/websites
ARCEOALEX15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I transferred from AT&T to Verizon 3 days ago. While setting up my new iPhone Xs Max and updating all the apps that require Texted Authentication Codes, I was not able to receive these codes from Text. Luckily I was able to receive them via email. This happens for any app or website requiring to verify that its actually you. This includes, Citi Bank app, AMEX, Facebook, and other apps. I’m sure the issue is a part of Verizon's side, not the apps or websites. Someone please help as I would love to get this resolved!

Thanks

Labels (1)
Re: I can't receive SMS verification texts from apps/websites
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ARCEOALEX15,

This certainly isn't the way we wanted to welcome you to the Verizon family, so we're here to help get the messaging working properly for you. We'll need a bit more information because it's strange that you're having trouble receiving verification code texts. Are you able to send/receive regular(non-iMessage) texts on your new phone? To confirm, were you able to receive any codes via text that we sent to you regarding your Verizon account?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ravenbraid
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can send/received texts from friends and family just fine, but I have no been able to get the verification codes from apps, banks, insurance, etc on my new Verizon phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ravenbraid, having messaging issues can be a headache, especially when it comes to getting verification codes from your other service providers. When did the issue start (was it working before)? Any recent changes (new phone, software update, new apps)? What messaging service are you using (Message+, default messaging app, third-party app, etc.)?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Epic33
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not rare it's happening to me for months now... regular text is fine but no varification code from apps ..... why no one in Verizon know how to fix it 

scottgp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon why the H**L don't you just POST THE SOLUTION!!!! I am using web Message+ in a web browser and I ALWAYS get ALL texts EXCEPT verification texts. For example Google just sent me a verification code via text and I CAN'T get it in message+ via web browser on PC. Why won't you give the solution? People have complained for YEARS now about this and all you do is put in a canned response. TELL US what is the problem. PLEASE. My phone is out of battery and charging in another room, and I'm on my PC and NEVER get these verification texts. You MUST be blocking them from syncing to the message+ via web browser. WHY do you do this?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly apologize for this experience, scottgp. We would need to troubleshoot to identify the problem in each case. We hope that we can continue working toward a resolution for you. 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
drumbone

Has this issue been resolved???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to be able to receive the SMS verification messages you need. This issue can happen when porting over, if the port is incomplete, and you would simply need to reach out to our Port in team at 1-888-844-7095 to complete the port in. If the port in is complete, my next suggestion would be to have us look over the features on your line to make sure that you have the correct provisioning to receive premium SMS messages.  AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
CeeTum
Enthusiast - Level 1

So Verizon still hasn’t solved this issue cuz I switched to them 2-3 weeks ago and now am not receiving text verification codes from some key apps/sites. This is something worth switching service. It’s the most basic thing nowadays and seems many customers like myself have had this issue but they don’t post a resolution and have you contact them to waste your time.