I can't get Content Filtering to work.
CSForest

I can't get Content Filtering to work on the brand new smartphone I just activated for my son. The phone is capable, just the website won't process my request. I've been trying for over 2 days now to get it to work, but all I get is a spinning circle (indicating it's working). It spins for 5-10 minutes, some times longer, without success.  Sometimes, it times out; sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday, when chatting with support, they indicated I couldn't make a change because I had made other changes to the phone (e.g., removed incorrectly added premium visual voice mail that a different customer rep activated); the support person said I'd have to wait 24 hours until my account status was no longer "pending". Well, it's been over 24 hours, and it's still not working; plus, now I can't seem to get through to anyone on Chat or the phone. What else can I do? My son is dying to use his new phone, but I won't let him until I get the safety features turned on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't get Content Filtering to work.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to easily manage the content filters, CSForest. May I ask what type of phone is the new device? Is the phone processing data, calls and text as normal on WiFI and mobile network? Also try clearing cookie or temporary internet files of your browser then test again. I am eager to see the new phone in your sons hands!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
CSForest

The phone is a brand new LG G3.

0 Likes
CSForest

And everything seems to be working fine.  Can make calls, send text, even download apps, etc.

0 Likes
CSForest

I have provided the answers to your questions, and tried what you suggested, but Content Filtering still can't be set for my sons phone.Can you help some more please?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay! I have sent a Direct Message so that we can further troubleshoot the Content Filtering. I am eager to get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
synoni
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am extremely upset with content filters. it doesn't seem to go what i thought it would do. example if my daughter even attempted to add an app i don't approve of shouldn't the phone automatically have a pop up that says this site is blocked ?

0 Likes