I can't connect to my voice mail
Ted-S
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every time I try to retrieve my voice messages I get a response that, "the person you are trying to reach is unable to answer at this time."  I tried using my speed dial, dialing *86 directly, and calling my number--they all failed the same way.  My phone has a Los Angeles area code; is there a problem with voice mail in Los Angeles (today is 2020-04-12 but the problem started last night).

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't connect to my voice mail
Ted-S
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally solved the problem by rebooting my phone, by turning it off and on again.  I'm really surprised that none of the Verizon technicians that I talked to or chatted with suggested that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Ted-S. It concerns us to hear of the problems with voicemail being experienced. It is important you're able to access your voicemail, and we will make sure to help. We have some questions to better assist. Did anything change on your device since the issue began? Is Call Forwarding enabled on your device? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Ted-S
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally solved the problem by rebooting my phone, by turning it off and on again.  I'm really surprised that none of the Verizon technicians that I talked to or chatted with suggested that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ted-S, we're glad to hear that you're now able to connect to your voicemail again. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there are any other questions we can assist with.

For your peace of mind, you can access our Device Troubleshooting Assistant at any time using this link: http://spr.ly/660114VTV This way, you can always access troubleshooting guides designed specifically for your device.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes