I came off deployment for this? Thanks Verizon.
jacksons60

So, I left for deployment on the GHWB back in February.  Before I left I called and said I need my phone cancelled on account of my not being able to use it. I came back 9 MONTHS LATER to learn I can't get the loan I wanted because there's a hit on my credit. Apparently it was not cancelled and many transactions happened to happen. So now here I am with bad credit that your customer service couldnt tell me why I have. Thanks Verizon,  you're awesome really can't wait to go out and defend the country again to come back to problems like this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I came off deployment for this?  Thanks Verizon.
Not applicable

The act that allows you to suspend or cancel service requires you to submit documentation (orders) of that deployment. A simple phone call does not do it.

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/military-servicemembers-and-mobile-phone-plans

Since you did not provide what was required it was not Verizon's fault.

Its a bummer but it is the rules.

Good Luck

0 Likes
jacksons60

Well they should tell me that over the phone rather than say okay, because now you have potentially ruined my credit for god knows how long which all could have been solved with better customer service if that was the case.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you are old enough to defend the USA I am going to assume you use your mind to make informed choices and decisions?

Did you know of the Federal Act that makes you eligible to suspend or cancel cell service? Did you read it? (Yes I know you did not read it) your commanding officer and your information office or even the JAG office would have had the written requirements. As well as online as the link I provided.

However don't even think for one moment customer service would have been aware of it when you called. Should they have? Yes. They get their information from a database on their computers.

However you can write a letter of explanation to the credit bureaus telling them what happened. Did you pay the invoice that is now owed? Get a receipt and tell the credit bureaus it is paid and tell them why it all happened.

It may just be overlooked.

Now if you did not pay the invoice when you first found out about it then it would then be a non paid bill.

Items such as these stay on your credit bureau report for 7-10 years.

Loan companies or mortgages can still be obtained but it has to show as paid in full and your letter must be on those reports. At the worse it will result in higher interest rates on any loans.

I wish you the best of luck.

0 Likes