I am so frustrated with constant and increasing data overages.
bgerard
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are connected to wifi, turn ot to airplane mode at night, and still go over with data usage. We do not stream movies or music. We have talked with support numerous times. We were told that Verizon will override wifi if there is a stronger signal but we would be naware of that. We are told items update at night. Again, but if we are in airplane mode, how does that occur?  Then, when I give in and add data at in increased monthly fee, suddenlythat is not enough data and we are over our limit again. We have not changed our behavior or use of the phones and  we were fine with 6GB for months without even thinnking about it. So, we upped to 8GB. We were good for a short while, then suddenly we were using 10GB. Now three of us use 17-18 GB per month??? IMPOSSIBLE !!!!!!! And we are stuck if we don't wnat to pay the early termination. I feel like we are being taken advantage of.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am so frustrated with constant and increasing data overages.
Weth
Legend

Just switch to the new Verizon plan, either the 4 or 8 GB plan, spend $5 for safety data and never get overage again. 

You also need to reset data counters on the phone and see what apps are using all the data and then take steps from there. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model phones do you have?  When you check your data usage, which apps are using all the data?

Reply back and then we can try to figure out what's causing the high usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to ensure that you are able to enjoy your plan without the fear of overages bgerard. As SuzyQ asked, what model device do you have? Are you getting the alerts prior to reaching your data limits? As you share the details then we can work together and customize a solution for you.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bgerard
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I do that?

0 Likes
bgerard
Enthusiast - Level 2

iphone 6 with apps turned off and ifi connected and still using 16 GBs in 12 days- impossible

0 Likes
bgerard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Additionally, the phone has been using up battery life and touch screen not working consistently. we have been to the store and were told we couldn't do anything about it without it acting up on sigh.t What do I pay insurance for? There is something wrong with this phone and we have had no help other than to sya we just must be using it too much. No movies or shows or music are streamed and never have been.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You can do it online in My Verizon, call CS, or visit a store and ask.

Using 16 GB is not impossible, what does the phone say is using the data? Settings-cellular. scroll down, some apps have a number, that is cellular data used.  Which one is using lots of data?

0 Likes
Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

Also, go to settings, cellular, scroll to bottom and turn OFF WiFi Assist.  If on, the phone will default to cellular data even when on WiFi if the WiFi signal is a bit weak.  That setting, turned on by default, is well known for using huge amounts of data even when the phone is "supposedly" on WiFi.

0 Likes