Huntington Indiana Area is Having an Outage
FRDMSKN22

Several customers in the Huntington, Indiana area do not have service or just patchy service.  Verizon does not seem to be answering why.  This is something that needs looked into and addressed.  This has been going on for over a week now and customers are wanting answers.  Why has the service dropped and will Verizon credit the accounts of those affected by this outage?  Has anyone else had these issues for this amount of time before? Below I will post a few Facebook post by others I know.

Dear Verizon Wireless I have been looking all over the Verizon Wireless web page for an email address to contact customer support or service. I have not been able to find an email address to contact support, only phone numbers. Right now I'm having dropped call and no cell service, but cannot call customer support for these issues due to not having cell service this morning. Please advise of the best way to contact customer support when a phone call is not an option. -Stacy

For everyone having Verizon issues here's what I've found out. I called customer service and they said they didn't see any issues in this area (bull) and had me do a couple things which didn't help at all. Then they passed me on to Apple because I have an iPhone, which clearly isn't the issue. After over an hour on the phone with no results. I went into the Verizon store and there were about 10 other people there saying they didn't have service. The clerk at the store said Verizon keeps giving him the runaround about what's going on and when they will have things working again. He said someone came in and said that a construction company in Allen County hit a fiber optic cable last Monday and they've been having issues ever since. He said the Verizon corporate office keeps telling him that they don't see an outage or anything in the area but he's had 100's of people coming in and complaining about service issues. The Verizon number for questions is 1-800-922-0204. Maybe if enough people call and complain they'll actually do something about it. –Taylor

Doing the online Chat thing with Verizon. If you are having issues with your phone. Please contact them. They are saying they only have 6 issues since Oct 1st and they are all better now. Report your issues, I see the complaints... so report them so we get it fixed. Thanks! – Heidi

>> Profanity and personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Huntington Indiana Area is Having an Outage
LydiaN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not an Apple issue - I've had the same issue with my Droid.  Ugh.  I'll see if I can get hold of them to let them know about my issues.

0 Likes
rhonda048

we are in peru and have same issue have heard through grapevine the contract to bounce off other  towers was not renewed so us here in peru have never had actual verizon towers so i gues i will cancel my contract because this has happened 3 times in last year ! and i am fed up with them after 12 years of service

0 Likes
Joe224

We are having the same problems, almost no service. I have 5 phones on my contract, one is my business phone. None of our phones have had full service for almost two weeks. I wonder how much business I have lost due to missed calls. I know of at least 30-40 other Verizon customers who are having the same difficulties. I have no land line, so calling customer service is difficult to do. One friend said customer service told her that they have had only one or two complaints..... How can we get the message to Verizon that this is not acceptable?

0 Likes
coppergal

So, Verizon, we're officially complaining. When are you going to pull your heads out of the sand and address these issues? Some of us rely on the "reliable" Verizon network for our business, and every hour of outage is a financial hit. Stop jacking us around and FIX the problem. Put out a public notice. We want to know IF the issue is being addressed, and WHEN the issue is expected to resolve. We also want compensation for all non-service hours. Provide GOOD business, that means COMPETENT and AVAILABLE customer service even when service is down, and you will KEEP your customers.

0 Likes
Joe224

Just got off the Chat session with Verizon. They said it was hardware issues and my whole town (Huntington) is down. No idea how long it would be out, but they were working on it. I asked about credit on my billing for the loss of service, said it would be determined after the problem was repaired and it would be automatic (ie: you do not get to contest the credit amount). I also stressed that I cannot determine the loss of revenue from the loss of service, no real answer to that. Very frustrating since this has been ongoing for two weeks, now.

0 Likes
millers3

I have been having the same issue. I just got off the phone with someone with no real answer as to why it is happening or when it will be fixed. They were very vague and didn't really say anything helpful.

0 Likes
BP40

I don't know if it 's just because it was really early, but I was at 4G @ 5AM this morning before I left for work. Hopefully the problem is fixed.

0 Likes
TSgt

I believe the issue is a fiber cut between Fort Wayne and Huntington.  If that is the case, since the fiber is leased (not owned or operated by Verizon) and repairs are out of Verizon's control, they (Verizon) are at the mercy of the fiber provider's restoration efforts. Fiber repair is a not a quick thing and takes time. Trust me they are pushing as hard as they can to get the provider to rectify the problem.

0 Likes