How to send an email as a text message?
Lamborghini007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have read that one can send an email to the a verizon email address that consists of yourtelephonenumber@vtech.com and then the system will turn it into a text message to your telephone.

Is this true? I tried it and it the email back from verizon said

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<my telephone number here@vtech.com>:

host mail04.vtech.com [58.177.240.87]: 550 No such user (my telephone number here@vtech.com)

How can I enable this functionality?

Thanks,

E.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to turn an email to a text message
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have the address wrong, i.e., if you want to send an e-mail to a VzW phone number and have it come through as a text, send it to tendigitphonenumber@vtext.com

If you want to send an e-mail to a VzW phone number and have it come through as a text but it includes photos, you'd send it to tendigitphonenumber@vzwpix.com

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have the address wrong, i.e., if you want to send an e-mail to a VzW phone number and have it come through as a text, send it to tendigitphonenumber@vtext.com

If you want to send an e-mail to a VzW phone number and have it come through as a text but it includes photos, you'd send it to tendigitphonenumber@vzwpix.com

Lamborghini007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you tikibar1. Changing the domain name worked.

E.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome

0 Likes