Re: How to resolve incredibly slow data speeds?
CKeovilay

BUILDING MORE LANES schmuck

0 Likes
Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

It can be fixed with more towers/antennas. They also have a signal extender that hooks up to a cable modem. It is similar to having a tower. So if employers allowed Verizon to hook up this signal extender to their modems there would be better signal strength. So take your "magic button" wiseass and shut your mouth because you don't know what you are talking about 

0 Likes
Conbano

It is not just slow sometimes , it is slow most of the time, and really bad inside the building. It was not like that with data paid plan.

0 Likes
JFinTN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live rural and am having similar issues with slow data, ranging from tolerable to non-existent. Up until a couple of months ago it was mostly tolerable, but something changed. There are times that my ping and jitter are measured in the 1000's and my download/upload speed in kilobytes... if I can even connect. I have both pre and post paid devices in my home and have data issues with both. Even when my newish iPhone shows 2-3 bars of LTE, I sometimes cannot get data. That just happened again last night and we are at the beginning of a data cycle on that post-paid plan.

I would really appreciate some help with this, or at least to understand why it's happening so that I can decide the best way forward.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Rambo05
Enthusiast - Level 1

For what I'm charged each month I don't expect nor tolerate 0.77 mbps. If this is the way it will be maybe I should start looking for another provider.

Pj3flwr

Same issue here. Left straight talk 2 years ago and have regretted it. The service is cruddy. Strongly considering going back to straight talk or switching to A T & T.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to have data you can rely on. Let's dig further into your experience. We will send a Private Note, to assist you further. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pj3flwr, being able to get the best speeds possible is always a must and we can certainly help check this out with you. Have you been able to provide any troubleshooting on your end to help work on this issue? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
JeffDisney
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m with all the posters reporting slow data speeds. Takes seconds to pull up 2 gmail account inboxes too. Started happening several weeks ago EVERYWHERE. 

0 Likes
DieMaster00
Enthusiast - Level 2

The past 3 weeks starting on Wednesday my data speed drops to less then 0.1 Mbps.  Nothing will load.  Lasts for 2-3 days and then works fine.  Most times I can just connect to wi-fi as needed, but last week, no wi-fi available and needed to do something. On Thursday I chatted with a tech who verified that there were no reported issues in my area (Sptg/Gville SC) so I would need to go check with Tech Support, which I did not have time to do as I know from previous experience yields nothing.  Then, within an hour, boom, everything was working fine again.  Seems suspicious to say the least. This week, here it is Thursday and since yesterday cannot even get a webpage to load fully while on wireless data.  I have been with Verizon for the 20+ years I have had cell phones and this is the first time I have seriously started pricing competitors.