Re: How to resolve incredibly slow data speeds?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheRealCalamityZane, we sincerely appreciate your business with us. It's truly disheartening to learn that you feel as though we are treating customers this way. We do know the importance of understanding our Unlimited Plan options when choosing a plan for your family.

We always want to be upfront in sharing the details of our Premium 4G LTE data speeds and Network Management. When viewing the details of every Unlimited Plan here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited/; you'll be able to see that our customers receive premium unlimited 4G LTE data and superior service up to the allotted limit (25, 50, or 75GB), at which point Network Management may occur.  Our Start Unlimited plan may experience this, right away.

Network Management means that your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic in times of congestion. It's also important to remember that Network Management only occurs during times of congestion and varies from tower to tower. Once the congestion clears up you will go back to the speeds you are used to having.

We share these details with our customers so they can make an informed decision on which plan works best for their data needs and to set proper expectations of the data usage experience. I hope this information is helpful in understanding our plans and that our intention is to provide all the details customers need in their decision-making. TanishaS_VZW

Simpson62
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the 55+ plan and my phone shows 3 bars and lte. The speed test on your lte is .01 download and 3.44 upload. Can't even listen to Xm on the phone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it is critical, to have data speeds you can depend on Simpson62. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Don't worry we will make sure your service is back to where it should be. Is this happening everywhere, or just near your home area? How long has this issue been going on? 

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Vancefish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I stop following this thread? I'm tired of getting emails and notifications for this post.

0 Likes
Cameratales
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switch to the 55 plus plan up until that time my speeds were just fine everything work great switching to that plan has led to the slow issues

0 Likes
Ddq19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I strongly advise everyone with this issue to get the FCC involved. This will be especially be helpful if Verizon is not responding to requests for help in this matter. 

FCC website is easy to navigate and prompts easy to follow. A complaint can also be posted on BBB. 

If it is true that Verizon is uber focused on their 5G and not tending to the 4G community then there is a cause for concern and gross negligence on their part. 

There are many of us whom have only experienced the slow down recently. In my household ALL users with different phones are experiencing the same slow down and dropped internet connections. 

jvdw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes quite discouraged with Verizion, called to cancel a unused line and was talked into changing my older unlimited plan that had 30g per device to the 50g plan with some savings. Phone is good until you use it a a hotspot and my hotspot is almost useless.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jvdw

We never want you to be unhappy in our service or our plan options. However, I want to ensure you’re on the best plan for the best price available, so we can keep you a happy Verizon Wireless customer.

Which plan exactly are you currently on? What specific problems are you experiencing with your mobile hotspot data connections? Are you experiencing problems with other data connections on your device? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
jvdw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just ran a speed check with the link that was provided while I was connected to the Verizon page and my speed changed dramatically.

Thank You

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see your family have the best network experience. May I have the name of your city and the nearest intersection where you have the most concern? Are your voice calls working as normal? -  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes