Re: How to resolve incredibly slow data speeds?
Muddycleric
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your comparison is ridiculous.  The person said they live out in the country so congestion is not a problem.  Should a person that lives in the city and pays for unlimited data expect slow speeds all the time?  According to you they should.

Muddycleric
Enthusiast - Level 1

You resolve it by making the issue known.  To EVERYONE, including potential Verizon customers. Every time you run Speedtest everybody in the country can see how fast Verizon speeds are in your area.  If you have slow speeds 10 times a day, run Speedtest 10 times a day.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Missloritoung

In my opinion, I think they're upgrading their towers to 5G.  Thus having to shut them down in the process.  I had the same thing happen when 4G was the New thing.  I left Sprint because of that very reason.  I hope Verizon gets their dirt together.  Some of my friends already have 5G on their AT&T phones. 

0 Likes
Kevin_Weaver
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just came to prepaid. Checked speed last night and I'm getting 6-7 down. I'll be leaving at the end of my 1 month.

Kevin_Weaver
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is funny. Are you a comic ? If not you should be.

So by that, My 1-2 down is as you say, upgrades to 5G. LOL 

Keep making up the excuse and Verizon may start using them as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kevin_Weaver, we definitely want to ensure that you are able to receive the high speeds you need with your Prepaid service. We will be sending you a Private Note to further assist you with this. 

0 Likes
Ani_BayArea
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve been experiencing the same issues with my phone and at first I thought I was just being crazy/unreasonable, but after reading all of the complaints from similar Verizon users it seems to be a system wide issue. 

I switched over to unlimited less than a year ago and for the past 4-5 months my data has increasingly slowed, to the point that I can’t even use it unless I’m hooked up to WiFi. 

Seems like data throttling to me Verizon, seriously Why?! You should’ve learned from AT&T’s mistake. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ani_BayArea, our valued customer's data speed concerns are our concerns too. Rest assured we'll do everything we can to assist you in resolving this matter and we apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing. Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously. As a result, we've sent you a private message as we'll need to ask specific questions about your account to assist you with the data speed issues. We'll look forward to hearing from you soon. RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TheRealCalamityZane
Enthusiast - Level 1

But they don't have any problem charging you full price for a product while only being able to deliver as advertised a fraction of the time

TheRealCalamityZane
Enthusiast - Level 1

So much of the time, one feels justified paying Verizon's very expensive fees because they're the best. Most of the time. Then when you're still paying the very expensive price but no longer receiving the quality of service you pay for, it sounds a lot like... What's the word?... Fraud? Theft? A hustle? A scam? Any one will do