Re: How to resolve incredibly slow data speeds?
mudd1970

I have same problem prepaid double date 16Gb plan in 90292 and 0-0.5 upload speeds this is most busy neighborhood in LA totally unacceptable ready to ditch Verizon for Tmobile.

0 Likes
Holliwood595

The tests says I have no internet even though I have three bars of LTE. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information. Being able to use your services is very important. What is the make and model of your device? JasonC_VZW

0 Likes
tiredofverizonwireles

Wow! All the same problems I have! Multiple contacts with support people that repeat the same steps every time. They even removed devices and recreated the account. The guy today told me that my prepaid is on different towers and signals than postpaid. So I guess that means VZW is penalizing people who won't sign a 2 year contract.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Prepaid is on the same towers as postpaid.  

Difference is premium data on postpaid is prioritized over prepaid and data on postpaid after you use up premium data.  If you are in an area that is busy, the slowness will be felt much more by those not on priority premium data.  

With prepaid there may also be limits when roaming on non-Verizon towers.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The coverage for a our postpaid and prepaid service use the same towers. You can view our coverage map here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/better-matters/. How long have you been having service concerns? ManuelV_VZW

0 Likes
slowverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 8 phones on my account and most of them are top-of-the-line devices / expensive.  I'm spending a small fortune with Verizon on a monthly basis.

The last few months on Verizon have been excruciating.  This is not a one-time problem.  I have problems everywhere I travel.  (International usage (South America) was comical/useless.)  Domestically?  Sometimes it is just "bad".  Sometimes it is barely usable.  Today I have fine download speeds (15-40mb) but my upload speeds are hovering in the 500k-2mb range.  I've tested this on 3 different devices.  2 iOS.  1 Android.  Verizon is CONSISTENTLY failing.  (And I've tested the network in 3 different states over the past few months so this is not a "local" issue.)

I'll be shifting to ATT if I cannot get a legitimate answer as to why this is happening and when the issue will be resolved (with a Verizon-self-imposed deadline).  Is this asking too much?  Probably.  Thus, I'd guess my likelihood of shifting to ATT is 90% - because Verizon consistently ignores / avoids the problem.  Very, VERY disappointing.  I've been a happy Verizon customer for 10 years.  It appears this time is coming to an end.  My suggestion:  Verizon should give customers who spend $xyz per month a direction tech support contact.  I've spent this morning hopping around w/ different reps and ultimately being told "please call our 800# and press 3".  Thank guys - that's how I got to you in the first place.

My uneducated guess?  They've reallocated ALL support efforts to upgrade to 5G and in the process ignored their existing network.  Poor choice by executive management.  Unfortunately, no amount of marketing / sizzle is going to bring me back once I'm gone.  "5G"?  That's cute.  But why would I expect your 5G service to be good if you've given up on 4G?  

Forgive the rant.  Only speaking out loud because I know from this site that others are experiencing similar issues which are not being addressed by Verizon.  

Audi001
Enthusiast - Level 1
Having the same issue. The web page isn’t even loaded while I type this response. Speed test resulted in almost no connection - connected to LTE and have service. What is going on - it’s been this way for months now. Will a new/upgraded SIM card help?
Brucelee3

Everywhere 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to learn that you are experiencing service issues everywhere. We'll be happy to help. When did this issue start? Are you also having issues with calls and text?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes