How to resolve incredibly slow data speeds?
AMAKRU50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having incredibly slow speeds on my phone the past several months, but recently it has been worse. I just ran a speed test and it shows that I'm only receiving speeds up 1.55 Mbps upload and 0.62 Mbps download. Has anybody else been having this issue? How did you resolve it?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: How to resolve incredibly slow data speeds?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What data plan are you on?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

did only run a speed test from the same server? I know most people use speedtest.net  Well many of their severs give bad results.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMAKRU50, I understand how frustrating it can be experiencing slow data speeds. I want to work to get this issue resolved for you. What plan are you on? Where are you located when you experience this issue? Does this happen at a specific time? Do you have other devices on your account experiencing the same issue?

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
frustratedWithVerizoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem intermittently now for 2 months.  I have to call into support to get them to fix it...  

I have a prepaid  15g plan... and they spend an hour trying to blame it on being out of data.. and each time I have more than enough data.. Just today.. I called.. and I have 14.5 gb out of data. 

The verizon voice response system is painful to use... 

The customer service is awful, they walk through the same scripts.. I was on the phone with them for four hours one day(sometimes they call you back, sometimes they dont).  

The last two times I have called I have had to fight with them, to say I am not going through the 2 hours of system checks that dont work, so you can say you will call me back and then dont.  

I worked for Verizon corporate about 10 years ago.. I can not believe how far thier support has fallen.  

My guess is that , I am usually on wifi.. so the few times I use their network, It is somehow throttled back, until I call in and frustrate myself trying to get someone to actually look at the issue instead of forcing me to run through a script to get to a reboot, where they then say they will call back and dont.. so YOu keep calling in, and going through the same process until you get mad enough to ask for a supervisor.    Which then takes forever.. and they finally look at the history.. and say, they need to forward to tech support... 

I am tempted to hire someone just to wait on the phone with them... So tired of this ... 

xLadyPinksx
Enthusiast - Level 1
BBBis what I say ...
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@xLadyPinksx wrote:
BBBis what I say ...

What are tehy going to do? Firstly they are not a regulatory ayrhtoity even if they were  a complaint is magically going to solve the problem? I waiting for an explanation on how that magic works

Coleventura
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having same problem with same plan. Slow lte speed probably time to switch to new company. Had just about enough

Tnictitanfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same issue and haven't been with verizon a month yet. Exactly same reason I just left straight talk. Furious with this

boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Tnictitanfan wrote:

I have same issue and haven't been with verizon a month yet. Exactly same reason I just left straight talk. Furious with this

Straight tlak isn;t a carrier it's MVNO. And if it's usign Verizon;s network I'm not sure why you expected a different results since prepiad and MVNOs have the same priority level.

0 Likes