How to report coverage issues in a specific area?
ingleberg

How do I report coverage issues within a specific area?  

I purchased a Network Extender, and still have calls dropped regularly.   I could not find a form on the VZW site to report this.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to report coverage issues in a specific area?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the calls being routed through the network extender? Is it possible that you had moved beyond the signal limits of the extender?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ingleberg

Calls are routed through the extender about half the time.   I've never figured out why it takes my iPhone 6 so long to connect to the extender after I return home.  Often I'm sitting right next to it.   I call #48, and it says I am not under extender coverage.

When I bought the extender I lived on the northern edge of Midland, TX.   I have since moved closer to town, in a well populated area, and still have very sub-par service.  

Verizon needs to know that their customers are unhappy in 79705.

Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the Advanced Calling feature enabled on your line and phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ingleberg

No, I sure don't.   It is a corporate-owned device, and I'm not sure whether or not I could get that enabled.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would be in your phone settings if it was enabled or not.

0 Likes
ingleberg

My setting under Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE is "Data Only".   I can't change it to "Voice & Data".

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then it isn't enabled. Since the network extender only works with 1xRTT or 3G EDVO networks, it is probably better if Advanced Calling isn't enabled anyway.

0 Likes
ingleberg

Thank you... good to know.   I also wasn't too excited to read that Advanced Calling will cause a call to drop when I moved from an LTE area to a non-LTE area.

So are you able to provide any information about the best way to report signal issues in my area to Verizon?   Their coverage map shows my area to be completely covered -- but there are definitely issues out here.   I could call their support line, but I don't see that getting me anywhere.

Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

1-800-922-0204 and option 4 is the best way I know to get someone on the line.

0 Likes