How to remove Verizon Software Update Assistant on Mac
mojo_maniac

I had a Samsung G4 and in the course of using it I installed on my Macbook Pro the program: Verizon Software Update Assistant.

I no longer have this phone so I want to delete the software. I deleted all the files I could find but I still get messages from the program.

How do I completely uninstall this program from my Mac (OS/X 10.10.5)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to remove Verizon Software Update Assistant on Mac
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, mojo_maniac. Let's take a look at this. can you still find the app icon? Here are some steps to try. http://spr.ly/6587BJGlh

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
squirrel85

Mine was installed in my /Users/username/ directory. The directory is called "Verizon Software Update"  If you remove that directory the Software Updater for Samsung devices will be removed.  If you have a Motorola device, the process is more detailed and less straight forward.  I had to write a small script that I ran in a shell to remove the stuff that was scattered all over the drive.  If you would like I can provide that as well.

0 Likes
Jet7973

Could you, please, provide the information about removing the Motorola software as well. It would be very helpful. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jet7973 - Providing you the information you seek will be our pleasure. What make/model device do you have? What software version are you wanting to remove?

JacobV_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kunessin

I found this with the Activity Monitor.  Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor.  Once the Verizon Upgrade assistant is open, double click it in the Activity Monitor.  This should open a second panel that has the tabs of Memory, Statistics, and Open Files and Ports.  Click Open Files and Ports.  This led to the first line being something like: /Users/{my comp name}/Library/Application Support/Verizon Wireless.  Just looking in the Application Support didn't show the folder, as it was hidden.  I had to type in the whole address.  Then there is an Uninstall button there.

0 Likes
mccoyts66

I have the same issue, however, I do not have the choice when I open my activity monitor for "open files and ports" I just have CPU, Memory, energy, disk and network" tabs and none of them will allow me to do anything.  Under the settings I have Run Spindump, Run System Diagnostics, and Run Spotlight Diagnostics. The only place I could find it to move it to the trash was in the area that pops up when you insert a USB. I have not been able to locate it anywhere in my applications or files.

Please help me remove it. My computer has been having glitches ever since I installed it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mccoyts66 We understand how important this is is for you. This software should never cause any glitches to your system. It's in combination with your device drives/Verizon sync options. If you use your phone to transfer/back up data you'll need to keep all related software on your computer. Do you back your phone up to your computer?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes