How to place a call
dcwack

How do you place a cell phone to cell phone call without the other persons cell phone ringing, ie  the call that you make to them goes straight to their voicemail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to place a call
budone
Legend

If they are a Verizon customer, simply do it from VM.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

dcwack wrote:

How do you place a cell phone to cell phone call without the other persons cell phone ringing, ie  the call that you make to them goes straight to their voicemail?

Dial into YOUR voicemail, choose option 2 (Send) - you will be prompted to enter the 10-digit number to send to - and you will be dumped to that voicemail box directly.  Leave your message, then press # to send.

I don't know if this works with all VM or only Verizon....

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SuzyQ wrote:

dcwack wrote:

Dial into YOUR voicemail, choose option 2 (Send) - you will be prompted to enter the 10-digit number to send to - and you will be dumped to that voicemail box directly.  Leave your message, then press # to send.

I don't know if this works with all VM or only Verizon....

Other cell providers have the same option. You can only send within the network though.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

TheGreatOne wrote:
...Other cell providers have the same option. You can only send within the network though.

OK - thanks for clearing that up.  So if I am using my Verizon cell phone, I can only skip to the VM on another Verizon cell phone?  I can't use the option to send a VM to, say, my sister who has an AT&T cell phone?  Hmmmm.....

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SuzyQ wrote:

OK - thanks for clearing that up.  So if I am using my Verizon cell phone, I can only skip to the VM on another Verizon cell phone?  I can't use the option to send a VM to, say, my sister who has an AT&T cell phone?  Hmmmm.....

Yeah that is pretty much right. It is only within the network you can do it. I even tested it out again. Voice mail returns back to me if sent to another different cell network. At least it does with my phone that is....

0 Likes