How to move from one family plan to another within Verizon?
bpearse
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son currently is part of one family plan we have which is for non-smart phones.  It is a really old plan and a really old phone.  I also have another family plan (share everything) for my Galaxy S3 (no other people on that share everything plan yet).  Here is what I want to do:

1) get him a new Galaxy S4 through Amazon

2) put him on my share everything plan (share my data, and pay $40/mo for phone service)

3) but keep his existing number.

Is that possible?  It does not seem possible using the Amazon online system.  When I try to add another line of service on my Share Everything plan and port his number, it says not possible to port from Verizon to Verizon.  Do I have to leave Verizon and go to ATT in order to port numbers? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to move from one family plan to another within Verizon?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will probably have to call customer service and get their help transferring the line between the two accounts. Are both accounts listing you as the account owner?

If they have two different account owners you will probably have to do an Assumption of Liability instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: How to move from one family plan to another within Verizon?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will probably have to call customer service and get their help transferring the line between the two accounts. Are both accounts listing you as the account owner?

If they have two different account owners you will probably have to do an Assumption of Liability instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.