How to increase cell signal strength at our lake property
jlr8
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are considering using a hotspot at our lake property, but the signal is not strong or consistent.  Our building is metal, so guessing we will need a booster as well.  Is there a way to 'tune' our devies to get better reception in a specific area / weekend home?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to increase cell signal strength at our lake property
rcschnoor
Legend
0 Likes
jlr8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the booster link.  I've been reading on the weBoost too. 

I've been told that Verizon can do something to increase cell strength in a specific area, a network configuration or something?  Is that a possiblity?  We are on the northside of Lake Sundown, zipcode 52571.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Improving the coverage in that area would like require additional towers. Those towers can take several years to plan, approve, and construct before they can be placed in service. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand wanting to use your hotspot at your lake property, Jlr8. I use my hotspot when I travel too. I would love to help as much as I can. I am sad to say that the metal building can interfere with our signal. How is your service when you leave the building/house? May I have the nearest intersection and zip code? Have you always had this issue in the area? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
jlr8
Enthusiast - Level 2
We are under construction now, so don't have much of a history on signal strength.  We do get signal enough to talk & text outside the building (understanding we'll need a booster to get signal inside).  I haven't tried streaming - and that's what we were hopeful maybe a hotspot would get us.  I had been told some time ago cell providers could adjust something on your account to increase signal (so looking to see if this is a myth or true!).

The zip is 52571.  North Central side of Lake Sundown  Intersection of 286th Ave and Lake Edge Lane.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Are you going to have a cable internet service?  If so, a network extender might help with inside cell service.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jlr8
Enthusiast - Level 2
We are hoping to avoid an additional ISP bill. That's why I'm looking into the option of using our hotspot..
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jlr8 wrote:
We are hoping to avoid an additional ISP bill. That's why I'm looking into the option of using our hotspot..

Do you expect to use the hotspot a lot? You can easily eat through your data allowance if you use a hotspot as your home internet. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jlr8
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a weekend home, so usage would be minimal.

0 Likes