How to get Verizon to stop spamming me?
annoyednonverizoncust

Dear Verizon,

I am not a Verizon customer.  I don't even live in a country where you do business.

However, I continue to receive emails from you about "data usage overages" to my email address, presumably meant to be sent to one of your customers. I never opted-in or confirmed my email address.  There is no unsubscribe link and the email address is a "no-reply" address so I can't stop the emails from arriving.  It appears that the only way to remove my email address from the account is to log in to the account.  Well, that's a catch 22 because I have nothing to do with the account.

The easy solution is to contact you and ask you to remove the email address.  Right?

Wrong.  This week I spent the better part of an hour trying to find a way to contact you, but your website requires me to log in to my account.  But wait.  I don't have an account with you!!

So I finally found a way to contact one of your departments via online chat.  The chat started of promisingly enough, with a friendly "I want to provide exceptional customer service", but quickly deteriorated as I was forwarded to another department and was told by one agent that they could not remove my email address from an account that doesn't belong to me.  I asked for a manager, who was equally unhelpful.  He too claimed there was nothing that he could do to stop the unwanted emails.  His only suggestion?  We didn't **I** email the other address on the account to ask for my email to stop?  Seriously?

Why should I have to?  This is a Verizon problem.  It's 2015.  Why don't you:

1) Confirm email addresses when someone adds them to an account.

2) Provide a simple unsubscribe link with each email.

3) Allow your support agents to deal with situations like this.

Either or all of these seem like simple, no-brainer solutions if only the will to be consumer-focused is there.

Does anyone at Verizon care about this?  I have the full transcript of my absolutely absurd chat with your support personnel if you want to review this.

But more importantly, how do I stop this spam???

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to get Verizon to stop spamming me?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Within whatever e-mail you use, can you not mark the e-mail as spam? Is it coming from the same e-mail address each time? Can you direct it straight into the trash?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You are certainly right. There is not an unsubscribe link for a Data Alert email but for the advertisements there is. I can only guess that since this is an account specific email that is why. Mark it as spam.

0 Likes
annoyednonverizoncust

I could mark it as spam in my email system, but I want Verizon to stop this.  It's a Verizon issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sure it is annoying to receive email for someone else. In this event it is not considered spam. Do you happen to have a gmail account? Please be on the lookout for a private message from me so I can get some more details from you.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
annoyednonverizoncust

It is a Gmail account but the problem is not the one you describe.  I did see you PM and will reply to it momentarily.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for replying to me. I do see the email address has been removed from our database. It can take up to 30 days for all communication to be removed.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes