How to file a customer service complaint?
Skad8erateher

Hello,
I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with the Galaxy Gear.  Of course I did this as soon as the Pre-order was available in order to receive it the first day.  I chatted with a sales representative online who assured me I needed to order it as a new customer (even though I have an existing account) in order to keep my unlimited data.  I did just that and he guided me through the process.  Then on the weekend I noticed an e-mail that said my order was put on hold and I needed to contact customer service who wouldn't be available until Monday.  First, the customer service agent put me on hold multiple times, trying to transfer me to someone else then as I waited patiently, he hung up on me.  I called back and was told that the phone was NOT supposed to be ordered under a new account even though the first sales rep specifically told me to do just that.  My order was cancelled and redone.  Now it turns out that my shipping day has been pushed back to 10/12 instead of the original 10/10 for something that was not my fault.  I called AGAIN asking for my order to be bumped back up to the original shipping date since this was not my fault.  He said there was nothing he could do because the system is automatic with pre-orders and it's first come first serve.  I reiterated that I DID place the order as soon as it was available.  If the Verizon sales rep gave me the wrong instructions, it should not affect my order.  He still said there was nothing he can do.  I really don't buy it.  He said that I could try and contact someone higher up but then couldn't even guide me to the right phone number or e-mail address because the only one on the Verizon page was the same one I used to contact him!  Then I asked if I could complain about the Sales Rep giving wrong instructions and he didn't even know how to do that.  I mean there's probably other people that are having this same issue.  At least try and stop it.  This is ridiculous.  I pre-ordered the phone immediately, asked a sales rep for assistance in order to make sure it all went smoothly AND spent over $1,000 on this order alone.  I should at least get the phone on the first day.

Labels (1)
Re: How to file a customer service complaint?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The chat you had with the sale rep was bad information. It might have worked if you added a new line to your account, but definitely not as a new account all together.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boxjump

what were you looking to get out of this deal? keep your unlimited data plan? so you were going to sign another 2 year contract and pay for another plan for 2 years just to get the phone cheaper? i am not understanding you right now. why wouldnt you just pre order for it under your existing account and pay full price.. you would have had no issues.

0 Likes
Skad8erateher

Right, I wanted to keep my unlimited.  When I tried buying the phone full price online, it would force me to choose a data plan of 2Gbs, 4Gbs etc. there was no option to keep my unlimited.  So I chatted with the sales rep online who said I had to order it as a new customer and pay full price, then cancel the service and keep the phone once i got it since there would be no contract.  He was wrong.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Skad8erateher,

I apologize for any misinformation provided regarding your upgrade options to keep your current calling plan. If you still need assistance processing your upgrade at full price to keep your current plan unchanged, please follow me and send me a direct message including your wireless phone number and account verification (same you verify when you call us).

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

dcorreia9882
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have been a customer since 1991 and today has been such a poor customer service experience I had to write in.

We recently moved and the service in the area is poor, Verizon admits it's "below its standards" and offers to sell me a network extender for $250. I told them I wouldn't pay for something that is needed because the service is poor.  They came back and said they could give me a 'deal' and send it to me for $100.  OK, for $100 I'll try it rather than switch everyone in my house to AT&T (which I have on my work paid for phone and service is excellent).  Device comes and doesn't even connect to GPS for a signal.  Two tech later and me looking at the box it says it's a 'refurbished unit'.  In talking to customer service today they tell me refirb units are only $100.  The first person never told me that.  So now they want to send me a new unit (back to the $250).  What a deceptive group, and this on top of the fact that the service sucks.

Off to AT&T at lunch since Verizon told me I could get out of the contracts because the service doesn't meet the minimum standards.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want to lose your valued business dcorreia9882! I know how important it is to have reliable service. Certified Pre-Owned units should be of the highest quality, as they are rigorously inspected by the manufacturer. In addition they are great way to save on costs versus full retail pricing. What is your zip code? What type of troubleshooting was done on the current network extender unit? Did you successfully install it? Did it help improve the voice and data service in your home? We can figure this out!

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

dcorreia9882
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again after another failure of basic customer service I returned the unit on Saturday.

A woman (information redacted) was supposed to call me back on Friday.

She never did.

What is wrong with you people that you can't event return a call.

She is the second person this week who would not return a call.

All I keep hearing is what a "valued customer" I am after 22 years.

Then pick up the phone and get this resolved to my satisfaction.

The 'refirb' unit didn't work, won't connect to your network

Phone number/name removed as required by Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Wednesday dcorreia9882,

The last thing we want is for you to lose faith in us. Please accept my sincere apology if you did not receive a callback. There's no need to shop for another provider. I would love the opportunity to address your wireless concerns. May I ask for you to send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a 2-3 sentence summary of the issue so we can customize a solution for you. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jojolynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am so disgusted with verizon wirelss employees in palm coast florida. they really "don't care" about you or anything but their paycheck (which they brag about). I have been lied to, I have been given false information, wrong phone numbers and even asked "wheredid I get the info that they gave to me. Going in 2 different stores..no one was busy but they all pawned meoff on someone else and then told me to call the 800 number or tech support. they make you feel "stupid" if you ask a tech question. I cant wait until my contract is up and I have been with these fools for over 6 years.