How to file a complaint ?
Destined4Greatness

I am not at all satisified with Verizon service. I am going to disconnect my service with them and see if there is another company that can provide accurate info and stands behind what they tell their customers. The man named Paul who was originally the face of Verizon left and went to Sprint. It had to be a reason why he left. Maybe I need to switch to Sprint too.

Last month I was affected by Hurricane Michael. I reside in the state of Georgia. I was without work for a week. I work from home and had no power nor internet to work due to the damage of poles, wires, and communication lines. At the time Verizon was offering 3 months free for those who lived in certain counties of Florida (which I am well aware of). I decided to call Verizon to see if they would be able to offer me something because I knew I was unable to make a payment on my phone and it was very important that I continued to have service on my phone because that is how my sup is able to contact me and especially in a time like that I needed my phone. I felt by me being a loyal customer and paying my phone bill each month on time that it was something they could do for me. I called October 19 and  spoke to  a rep. I provided her all my info which of course she could see I didn’t reside in the state of FL which is obvious and I even stated initially upon call that I was affected by the hurricane and that I did not reside in the state of Fl, and I was wondering did Verizon have something for those who were on prepaid. She said she would ask a manager to see what could be done( which obviously I think she lied, If you ask me I think she asked the person sitting next to her at the call center).She came back on the phone and stated her manager said they could give me 3 months free. I think I  even double checked to make sure I had heard her correctly and she assured me that yes I would get 3 months free (I should have had her to put this in writing, by sending me an email). So anyway something told me to take my autopay off my account soon as I got off the phone with her just in case this info she provided me  was untrue because any little funds I had would be needed to pay for an electrician .Im glad I removed the auto pay because if not that would be something else to complain about. The day my phone bill was supposed to renew I went to text someone and had received a message about insufficient funds and that’s when I knew the lady had lied. On November 1 I called Verizon and demanded to speak to a manager(who knows If I was actually speaking to a manager because now I am convinced that Verizon tells nothing but lies, they lied about 3 months of free service). The “manager” I spoke to was “Hidey” so she says. I expressed my anger and frustration towards Verizon and how I was  provided false info. She informed that the previous rep provided me inaccurate info and it was a misunderstanding. Apparently it was  a huge misunderstanding on behalf of Verizon because not only myself was given this info about 3 months being free, but others in my community stated they were informed the same info  and others like myself were disappointed when their service was no longer active.I asked her could she give me 3 months free still because that was on Verizon. She stated they would have to investigate (which I think they lied about that too but that is yet to be determined ) and  they would have to listen to the call of myself and that advisor. She stated that it could take up two weeks for them to investigate. Today makes two weeks. I will call, but I just know they are going to feed me more lies and bull it’s like they don’t even value your loyalty to the company I don’t think it matters if you have a prepaid or not. I am still a customer. I have had Verizon service ever since I have owned a phone. I have had Verizon for 5 plus years. I devoted myself to paying my bill on time each month that I enrolled in the autopay. I referred my mom, aunt, and  friends to  Verizon. My mom she originally had Straight Talk and decided to part ways after her phone number was ported and given to someone else while her phone service was active. She was pleased with Verizon and how they took care of her, but now not so much after all this  and she is also leaning towards removing herself from Verizon. My friend he had bad service  with Metro PCS I joked with him constantly that he needed to switch to Verizon and he finally did, but now he probably wishes he hadn’t switched to Verizon. Anyway, I didn’t make a payment on my account when it was to renew my mom did which I’m glad she did only because had she not I would have missed a very important call from GDOL for disaster relief due to the hurricane( which this is a prime example as to the reason I needed my phone service.) I am pretty sure Verizon has lost a lot of customers because of this and if not, I hope they do. I will definitely make it known to anyone Verizon is not the service they want to invest their money in especially when they tell lies.  I would like to file a complaint and speak to someone in corporate because I want corporate to know how bad their customer service is. At the end of this month I don’t plan to renew my phone services unless they will offer and GURANTEE THAT THIS TIME I WILL GET 3 MONTHS OF FREE SERVICE AS I WAS PROMISED BEFORE OR BETTER!! IF NOT I AM WALKING.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to file a complaint ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Destined4Greatness!

We hate to hear that you have been through so much of a pain with this situation. Getting you the best services is imperative. We want to ensure that you are getting what relief has been offered to your area. Getting bad information about this situation can be tough to deal with and we hate that it happened to you in this situation. Unless you are in the areas that are already marked for that relief, by ZIP Code, there is no way for us to get you the three months free. We want you to stay safe and secure during such times of turmoil. At this time, there is no way for us to get you that three months free. If you would like, we can check on your area to see if it was added to the list. Please provide your ZIP Code if you would like us to look further into this for you.

FranklinM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Destined4Greatness

This does not sit well with me. I understand what you are stating, but this is not a good resolution. VERIZON provided not only myself, but over a hundred people maybe a thousand or more false information. VERIZON needs to answer for that. No,sorry, I hate this happened.... is acceptable. As I stated the representative knew I was in Georgia not Florida I expressed to her my concern and hardship at the time and she said she spoke to a manager and got it approved by the manager to grant me 3 months. VERIZON has no sympathy for their customers what so ever or loyalty for their customers. If you are going only to look up my zipcode and tell me it is not on the list I might as well say GOODBYE VERIZON!!!!. Here is the zipcode if you still would like it 39842. I still would like to voice my opinion because this is unacceptable How would you feel to be provided false information and the representative says" O  I'm sorry"or provides sympathy to you? Would you settle for that and brush it of ? I don't think so . Sympathy is not good for me I need results and answers. You are suppose to say your sorry for the inconvenience, you work for them whether you mean it or not .Do you have corporate's info I WOULD LOVE to contact them about this HORRIBLE SERVICE AND FALSE INFORMATION.Seems like representatives are not all on the same page and not representing VERIZON because they are providing false  info.

0 Likes
natashaa_vzw
Verizon Employee

Destined4Greatness, I can only imagine how stressful it was to deal with the hurricane and not having the ability to reach out to your loved ones. It is never our goal to provide you any false or incorrect information and I am glad to hear we were able to assist. I genuinely apologize for the inconvenience you endured and I do hope that by assisting you with the credit we have reestablished your trust as we would never want to see you leave us. This is my goal, Destined4Greatness. What can we do to show you that we do care about your business?

0 Likes
Destined4Greatness

Would they be able to give me three months free, since that was the info I was given( myself and others who are upset about the false info given)? I still have to play catch up. The hurricane is long and over, but not my bills. I have asked for extensions of my rent, utility bills,and insurance due to me being without work for a week. I still have to pay those bills.

0 Likes
Destined4Greatness

Looking back and carefully reading your email you stated "glad to hear we were able to assist". I have not been assisted ! You also notated "  I do hope that by assisting you with the credit we have reestablished your trust as we would never want to see you leave us."There was no credit reestablished, nothing has been done about my situation!To show you care for my business I would like Verizon to provide me 3 months of free service after all they did lie and its just not me they lied to they also lied to others. I am just disappointed in Verizon and furious. I still have bills to pay as far as utility bills, rent, and insurance and I felt a little at eased when I was informed I would be getting three months free because that would be one less thing I would have to worry about and that way I could catch up on bills that I have fallen behind on due to the hurricane.

0 Likes
ZLOPEZ1

How do I file a complaint with a customer service rep today? I have verizon since 1993 and the customer service rep Joetta was extremely rude and refused to help me until i asked her name.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correspondence address. Verizon Wireless - Contact Us

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Destined4Greatness

Hi i am unsure because no one seems to help or care i started A discussion on Verizon someone wrote me back from Verizon and I i responded they never responded back someone else also wrote me but they didn’t care to respond back but they claim they value their customers. I dont see it

0 Likes
Destined4Greatness

No vz rep has got in contact with me.Franklin one of the vz reps wrote me saying Im sorry. What is sorry going to do for me  vz lied to thousands of their customers including me.I responded back to his message, you think he cared to respond back,but he did not. Then Natasha wrote me asking what can vz do to show they care about my business. I wrote her back she did not respond what's the point! Vz does not care they just say oops sorry! I am going to find corporates number for verizon if they have one if not I will try to find what president,ceo, or whomever and write to them or call them and provide a list of all the names I have spoken with and chatted with because this is ridiculous.

0 Likes