How to contact Asurion, when they charge you ($169.00) directly from your account, but you haven't filed a claim?
borax714

Asurion has charged me $169.00 directly from my bank account, but I haven't filed a claim on any phone.  I called Verizon, they transferred me to Asirion's number (866-653-4077), but the only thing you get is a prompt for the phone number you've filed a claim with.  I havent' filed a claim, so I'm nto going to put a phone number in there, they might start a claim or something.

Tried entering 1 zero, it just said it wasn't a valid number, the second time I entered three zeros, then it just dropped the line.

Their online page I found is basically the same thing, just asks for the phone you are filing the claim against.

I know they aren't Verizon, but can't see how to contact them and talk to a person.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to contact Asurion, when they charge you ($169.00) directly from your account, but you haven't filed a claim?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello borax714. I know how surprising an unexpected charge can be. In oder to reach a representative at Asurion, you can contact 888-881-2622. You will need to go through the prompts to reach an agent. But I am confident they will be able to assist.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to contact Asurion, when they charge you ($169.00) directly from your account, but you haven't filed a claim?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello borax714. I know how surprising an unexpected charge can be. In oder to reach a representative at Asurion, you can contact 888-881-2622. You will need to go through the prompts to reach an agent. But I am confident they will be able to assist.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Matthewww
Enthusiast - Level 2

ASURION is a scam & dishonest company, dispute the charge w bank & dump Verizon for allowing them your personal banking info, you trusted Verizon w it not Asurion & they demonstrated lack of integrity & dishonesty.

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

AGK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had two of these $169 charges show up on my checking account.  I suspect that it may be part of a scam where the criminal is filing a false claim (or claim on a stolen phone) with Asurion and providing your credit/debit card # to have a new phone issued.  If this is happening, then Asurion is allowing a shipping address other than the payment address on the claim.

Arrests Over $2 Million Cellphone Insurance Fraud

Dovegrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had 2 automated " Asurion" calls to return phones, but I never made a claim.  I assumed this was a phishing scam call.   I called Verizon and then Asurion. No claims filed. Very strange.  But I didn't have any charges tony account either.

0 Likes