How to choose new phone number
water22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know how to change my existing cell phone / mobile number.

But when I walk through the online process, it does not give me a list of open phone numbers to choose from. It merely states what my new phone number will be based on the prefix that I've chosen and if I don't like it, then I have to choose a different prefix or wait until the next day to see what lucky number I'll draw next.

Is there a way I can manually choose a phone number from an availability list or something similar? I would like to be able to choose my next phone number. Is this possible through their online system, or do I need to go into a store and bug the hell out of some rep to let me pick my new phone number from a list on his computer?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: How to choose new phone number
budone
Legend

All you can choose are area code and prefix.

0 Likes
biscuts

They use to have a list you can choose from and now they don't. I would like it of you can type in a number that you want and if someone has taken it you can choose something else.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That creates problems with spam.

Just think about it. Someone can punch in a number and if it kicks back it's in use. You know it's a valid number. Would be a nice little tool for telemarketing.

anthony_tiscione

can I chang my number to another phone number I had?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

anthony.tiscione wrote:

can I chang my number to another phone number I had?

Probably not.  If the number was with a different carrier, and you gave it up, it went back into their pool of numbers, Verizon would not be able to re-assign it to you.  I suppose you can ask, but I wouldn't get hopes up.

Google voice allows you to browse lists of numbers available and pick one you like....

0 Likes