How many people realize Verizon is charging a restocking fee for defective products?
Falcon4

It is illegal in many states,  and BB does not approve, but Verizon is trying to charge me a restocking fee for a defective phone that has wasted much of my time already and now more due to this shake down!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How many people realize Verizon is charging a restocking fee for defective products?
Tidbits
Legend

Take it up with the FTC and file a formal complaint. Keep in mind if the FTC finds the device not defective and it works like intended you'll have to pay that restocking fee.

So exactly what problem did you have with your phone and what phone was it?

0 Likes
Re: How many people realize Verizon is charging a restocking fee for defective products?
Falcon4

It was a Droid Turbo for my son. It would never come on line and they just said give it some time. It kept saying it was updating, but days later, still not working. They said bring it in. They also disconnected my wife's phone in error, putting her number with my new G3, which was a major problem for her at work. Due to that I guess, her ph now says not eligible for update, but my new G3 says I am already eligible.... what a mess they made and then want me to pay a restocking fee after all my trouble???

0 Likes
Falcon4

I was reading here that restock fees are for swaps not defective returns to Verizon. Is that info correct?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That still doesn't mean the device was defective.  A restocking fee can apply if the box was open and used.  They reserve the right to charge or not charge for it.  Out of 50 states only 4 don't allow restocking fees last I remember unless the device is defective which a settings or carrier misconfiguration doesn't deem the device is defective.

If you still had the device I would have switched your sons sim and put it into the G3 and if the G3 lost internet then it would have made the Turbo more than likely a working unit and it was a configuration issue.  Since you already submitted the device there is no chance to do it at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It does sound like this has been quite an ordeal for you, Falcon4.
Please be on the lookout for a direct message from me so I can get more information from you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes