How long does Verizon store call logs?
kingstonkid

I have read from multiple sources that Verizon only stores call data from a year ago, but at the same time I hear that you can pay and have an archive of past calls sent to you, so they must be able to retrieve call data that is more than a year old.
How long does Verizon store this information?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How long does Verizon store call logs?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've read that you can get copies of archived bills for the past couple of years, but I'm not sure how far back they go; you may want to contact Customer Service and ask.  I do know that each bill copy they send you will cost you $5.  You can get the past 12 months' worth via your on-line MyVerizon account (text/data logs are available for the past 90 days in your on-line MyVerizon account).

0 Likes
kingstonkid

I heard that too, but no one ever says if they have logs over two years old, stored.

Perhaps a Verizon representative can help?

I would just like to know how long they keep call logs in their database or if they keep them indefinitely if you have an account.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a customer-to-customer forum; Verizon reps sometimes chime in, but it's sporadic and they don't respond to every post.  That's why I suggested that you contact Customer Service.

0 Likes
kingstonkid

Where could I find a number for that?

I looked at a few different ways to contact Verizon, but no numbers were for asking general questions like this.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call Customer Service, *611 from your cell phone or 800-922-0204 from a landline

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tikibar1,

Good afternoon. Being able to get past billing statements can be very important. The great news is, we can go back seven years. You are correct, you can sign into your My Verizon account online and get the past years worth of your billing statements free of charge. If you need to go back more than a year, you can order archived bills by contacting our Customer Service Department at 1800-922-0204. There is a $5.00 reprint fee per statement.

Please know that when you order archived bills, it will only disclose the call details, such as number called or received a call from. Date and time of the call, where it originated from and how long the call was. The detailed billing statement will not include text messaging details. Text messaging details will only go back one year and can be found online via My Verizon. Details will include the number you received or send a text too, date and time of the text/picture/video message. The actual content of the text is not available unless you have a court order or subpoena. I trust this information has been helpful. Have a wonderful day!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

mrrickie

I was informed by Verizon that it takes a court order to request bills back to 7 months.  Is that correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that you receive the assistance you need mrrickie. What information do you need from the bills? Your last 18 months of bill are available via your My Verizon account online so you can view them there.

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes