How does Verizon stay in business?
stoneperson1810

Su, having been a Verizon customer for about a year and a half, I want to get my wife a new phone to replace a T-Mobile phone/plan. Could not get anywhere online. Call customer service (an oxymoron) and TWO HOURS later supposedly it's taken care of. Next day couldn't access a process to make sure the order was confirmed and didn't cancel. Back on the phone ANOTHER HOUR and new everything is good to go. Next not one but TWO phones arrive. Opened one and followed directions to activate. No dice. Back to "customer service". ANOTHER HOUR to ascertain that the first phone is the wrong one. Open the 2d and finally get it activated.

This is the worst buying experience I have ever had in 66 years on this planet. I buy stuff on the internet all the time - in fact I very seldom go to an actual store. I have done scores of orders thru Amazon and never a problem. Many Verizon should poach some people from Amazon WHO MIGHT KNOW ON TO RUN AN ONLINE BUSINESS!

I feel very confident that when I return the opened phone to Verizon that I will have another few hours on the phone trying to get that settled.

Maybe I should sue from my wasted time and emotional upset. At least they would then send a lawyer to talk to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes