How does Verizon expects me to let my unlimited plan go if they are not offering anything remotely close to it?
amchas76

My husband and I stopped today at a Verizon store in Fort Myers, just to check out of curiosity the deals they were offering regarding the new Iphones (we have Iphones 4s) currently we still have our unlimited data plan; everything sounded interesting at first, phone features are nice, lady rep was nice, until the real question pops up; what will be the plan change since they don't offer unlimited anymore? (if we get new phones we can't keep our plan)

Their response: Ohh well if you want to keep paying the same per month then you unlimited will be downgraded to a 2GB data plan..... WHATTTTTT!!!! never mind our current usage is 6GB on a 4 phones family unlimited plan..... on top of that she added, well due to your usage you may need to get the 10GB data plan = $100 + phone line per phone + taxes ..... which will add between $ 40 to 60 to my bill and this is not counting any extra ghost charge fees they love to add on the bills every now and then with bogus excuses.... sorry Verizon!!! we have been loyal customers for years and this is what we get??? on top of that we tried to get a hold of someone at customer service over the phone and they put you in hold for over 40 minutes.... extremely frustrating and disappointing.... Do Verizon knows the concept of CUSTOMER LOYALTY? ....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How does Verizon expects me to let my unlimited plan go if they are not offering anything remotely close to it?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could purchase the phones at full retail price and retain your unlimited data plan per line for each device purchased at full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How does Verizon expects me to let my unlimited plan go if they are not offering anything remotely close to it?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could purchase the phones at full retail price and retain your unlimited data plan per line for each device purchased at full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well when the day comes( and it will eventually sooner rather than later )when they end unlimited data altogether you really won't have much of a choice. It has nothing to do with loyalty and I don't even know what that means in the context of mobile phone service. What makes one customer loyal and another one not? How do I know which one I am? No one has explain that no mater how many times I've asked.

I'm not sure how you get $60 more per month

4 lines on old Nationwide 700 minute plan with unlimited texting each with unlimited data is $240 a month before taxes. 10 GB More Everything plan for 4 lines is $260.

0 Likes
amchas76

Well Mr. Helper, what can I tell you, it seems you have the numbers all figured out but reality is that currently with taxes included on our unlimited plan we are paying less than 200, so there are my additional 60, I still don't see the advantage of dropping my plan.

On top of that while navigating thru this site and others, investigating options, there are a good number of unhappy customers on this and other issues and sooner than later Verizon will face legal consequences to their contract  irregularities, and even though we are aware of Verizon intentions of dropping everybody from the unlimited plan, that is not what we signed for initially and to do it without a customer consent well, to me simply implies a breach of contract.

The main problem we found is that its not reasonable for a customer on an unlimited plan with an average data usage between 5 and 10 GB to be expected to happily say yes and sign a contract to downgrade you to a 2 GB plan, and try to lure you into it with false or better saying incomplete information and that's a fact since every rep at different Verizon stores give you a different explanation of the plan or the "benefits" you get with it., what they don't explain is that you may be subject to additional ghost charges and on risk of getting your data usage inflated in order to push you into higher plans/fees (I read far enough complains about this issue on THIS forum).

So perhaps if, as you say they are leaving customer without any options, I would have no choice but to sign a 10 GB plan and suck in my higher bill, but Verizon is not giving me any confidence or assurance that I won't get any surprise charges on my bill and I say this knowing for sure that there is NO WAY POSSIBLE we can use the 10 GB a month, that is concerning.

0 Likes
Not applicable

amchas76 wrote:

Well Mr. Helper, what can I tell you, it seems you have the numbers all figured out but reality is that currently with taxes included on our unlimited plan we are paying less than 200, so there are my additional 60, I still don't see the advantage of dropping my plan.

On top of that while navigating thru this site and others, investigating options, there are a good number of unhappy customers on this and other issues and sooner than later Verizon will face legal consequences to their contract  irregularities, and even though we are aware of Verizon intentions of dropping everybody from the unlimited plan, that is not what we signed for initially and to do it without a customer consent well, to me simply implies a breach of contract.

The main problem we found is that its not reasonable for a customer on an unlimited plan with an average data usage between 5 and 10 GB to be expected to happily say yes and sign a contract to downgrade you to a 2 GB plan, and try to lure you into it with false or better saying incomplete information and that's a fact since every rep at different Verizon stores give you a different explanation of the plan or the "benefits" you get with it., what they don't explain is that you may be subject to additional ghost charges and on risk of getting your data usage inflated in order to push you into higher plans/fees (I read far enough complains about this issue on THIS forum).

So perhaps if, as you say they are leaving customer without any options, I would have no choice but to sign a 10 GB plan and suck in my higher bill, but Verizon is not giving me any confidence or assurance that I won't get any surprise charges on my bill and I say this knowing for sure that there is NO WAY POSSIBLE we can use the 10 GB a month, that is concerning.

How are you paying $200 with 4 lines?

700 Minutes nationwide

Line 1 $60

Line 2 $10

Line 3 $10

Line 4 $10

Unlimited text $30

4 unlimited data plans $120.

TOTAL $240.

Unless you're getting some work related discount.

In order for Verizon to be in breach of contract there has to be a contract. If your contract is up them there is no contract. Also this from your customer agreement that you AGREED to.

CAN VERIZON WIRELESS CHANGE THIS AGREEMENT OR MY SERVICE?

We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time,but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service.

Thirdly no one is forcing you to sign a contract. Verizon gives you the option to keep your unlimited if you pay full price for the phone. Verizon doesn't have to even have to offer that. Eventually everyone is going to have to be on a More Everything plan and there isn't a unlimited data option on that for obvious reasons.

There aren't any ghost charges and my data has been correct every month. Hmmmmmm. Maybe I'm just special. I guess I'm on some "do not overcharge" list.

If you really need unlimited data there is T-Mobile or Sprint.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well I am going to take you off that "Do not over charge list"

I have responded to this original poster about the "class action lawsuits no longer allowed" on another thread.

To be fair I will say Verizon does use that loss of unlimited even when you buy at full price. The store I went to said the service code for it is no longer available so it can remove it on any sale.

However I went in with written proof via the Verizon CEO's statement on Verizon's web portal that stated it could be retained. I believe a call to activations department can retain it.

Regular customer service cannot over ride the computer system.

I also heard in the corporate store false information that the device payment plan could not be used to buy a phone but tablets only, and that unlimited on a phone through the now defunct program was not possible

They either were lying, or they simply are told to tell customers this erroneous information. I don't know for sure.

But since I paid full price for my iPhone 5s the young guy called it in and everything was perfect.

When Verizon removes unlimited from the customers it would just probably be a notation on the customers invoice in the message section. But as with most things many will not even read it.

I suspect you are correct that the poster here wants a reduced price contract phone and keep unlimited data. Since it was possible in the past they now believe Verizon must honor the account as in the past. Of which they do not.

Customers have to check out the terms and conditions to keep unlimited data. And at present it is a full payment at time of sale. There is no other way.

Have a nice Sunday