How do you report dead zones? Dead zone in Plano, TX
DANTHOMAS9

They're building many new office buildings in Plano, TX. The one I work in has virtually no signal even though it is right near the Sam Rayburn Tollway in Plano, TX. Can Verizon please fix this issue by directing some of their signal this way? The issue may be the height of the buildings, as there have not been so many high rises here in the past. Calls always drop from inside the building, and certain areas have no service at all. Please help fix this problem. It's going to be a big issue as  more people move into these office parks they are building.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do you report dead zones? Dead zone in Plano, TX
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is important, DANTHOMAS9. Let's dig into this further. To clarify, is this issue strictly inside the building, or outside as well? What type of signal (number of bars, 4G, 3G, No service, etc.) do you see on your device when you're at this location? What happens when a call drops (i.e. error message, dead air, etc.)?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you called Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or *611 and request they escalate with a network ticket?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
DANTHOMAS9

Why do I have to call them? Isn't there a way to notify them online, such as through this forum? There should be a way to report this, and then someone in their Network team picks it up. The last thing I want to do is waste time on the phone with a representative who might not even know what to do with my request.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, there isn't an online outage or service reporting tool. The only official way to report an outage or issue is to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You could also post it on http://downdetector.com/status/verizon

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANTHOMAS9,

We know how important it is to have reliable service these days. Indoor service, though can be tricky & cannot be guaranteed by any provider. Many factors, though can effect your signal. Some examples are: distance/location of towers, traffic, building materials/structures, terrains, foliage, etc. just to name a few. 

We are, though, always open to feedback. We will be sure to pass this area long to our network team. They are always working on expeanding/improving our network. 

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cphelps62

I agree with this chain. I work in the Legacy West area of Plano there my buildings were recently completed and there are several more that are still going up across the street.

Verizon coverage is spotty at best both inside and outside. I NEVER get more than 2 bars strength and often the whole network is cut off. I don't understand how I can be using the service with my "two bars" of connection and without moving all of the sudden be completely dropped off the network (and this happens often).

it seems like Verizon is prioritizing and or throttling the signals in this area. I have to either reboot or turn on then off the airplane mode to reconnect.

with the THOUSANDS of people moving into this area, a new tower or booster of some kind is needed at the intersection of Sam Rayburn tollway (121) and the Dallas North Tollway.

0 Likes
SHASIL93

I live in Scottsdale at Shea and 101. Service was good for years, but now we are in a dead zone. I've been on hold waiting for a person at Verizon now for over an hour. The chat system is not responding either. Seems like a simple feature to let customers report areas of dead zones via an email. Very sad. I think I may need to switch to AT&T

0 Likes
cphelps62

Reposting my post from 1-1/2 years ago (no improvement & maybe even worse coverage due to more buildings). i am seriously thinking of going back to ATT (yack) or TMobile  because they have a very strong signal throughout the building:

I agree with this chain. I work in the Legacy West area of Plano there my buildings were recently completed and there are several more that are still going up across the street.

Verizon coverage is spotty at best both inside and outside. I NEVER get more than 2 bars strength and often the whole network is cut off. I don't understand how I can be using the service with my "two bars" of connection and without moving all of the sudden be completely dropped off the network (and this happens often).

it seems like Verizon is prioritizing and or throttling the signals in this area. I have to either reboot or turn on then off the airplane mode to reconnect.

with the THOUSANDS of people moving into this area, a new tower or booster of some kind is needed at the intersection of Sam Rayburn tollway (121) and the Dallas North Tollway.

0 Likes