How do i get my problem escalated to higher ups
CATTYCASSI

So im pretty frustrated to say the least and really contemplating switching to another carrier after spending 4 hours on the phone between customer support and supervisors on Saturday. Here is my story. I bought a phone on ebay which i received, activated and used for 5 months or so with no issues. It was an original google pixel and i loved the phone so much i bought the pixel 2. I originally was going to send the phone back to google as they offered me $400 as buy back for the phone. I decided to not do that because another phone on the account was starting to have some trouble so i figured i'd keep it and put it under that number. Long story short i found out that whoever the orginal owner of the phone was stopped paying there bill and the original pixel was put on a non pay blacklist. First of all i understand the risks of buying a phone on ebay and get it. What i don't understand is how a company like verizon has allowed me to activate a phone that has yet to be paid for and associated with a different account. How is this my fault that checks and balances aren't in place to protect people like me. I spent 4 hours on the phone Saturday while on vacation trying to fix this for the phone that belongs to my mom and she runs her business off of. She was so upset and was crying because now i have to try to find her another phone. I basically got the run around and was told there is no way to get this phone off non pay black list. Well in my opinion this phone should have never been allowed to be activated in the first place if people are paying on it and if that wouldve been the case i would have been able to open a ebay dispute and buyer protection would have refunded me my money. But now im over 6 months that wouldve been allowed to open a dispute and so now im out the money i paid for the phone, im out the money i wouldve got back from google, and now i have to buy new phone. Been a customer with verizon since they bought Alltel and have loved the service but this problem really had me not in a good place and think maybe i need to make a change. I hope this find someone who can relay the info to someone that can see the problem with this system they have in place. Also how was this phone not cross referenced to see if it was on or attached to another account. I just can't get over that i was able to activate that phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do i get my problem escalated to higher ups
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CATTYCASSI,

I'm appalled to hear about your experience with your Pixel device being placed on a non-pay list. This isn't the experience you deserved and didn't mean for all this happen during your vacation. I'm determined to find out what happened and shed some light on this matter. I feel confident I'll be able to restore your faith in us, and I don't want this to be the reason you think about leaving us. Allow me to gather some more details. Before you purchased the Pixel off eBay, did you provide us with the IMEI number so we could research the device history?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CATTYCASSI

So this phone was activated in may of 2017 and worked fine for the 5 or so months i used it. They said this phone went into non pay blacklist around feb of this year. My problem is if this phone was not paid off from the existing buyer why would have i been able to activate it on a completely different account with no red flags that is what im struggling with. If that would have happened i would have been able to return this phone for a refund or open up a dispute with ebay and get my money back due to buyer protection. But because this phone is past the 6 month window of opening disputes i lose out. I did not provide any info as the seller who sold it to me bought from someone else which i was unaware of but the phone was all activated and worked awesome for around 6 months until i bought the new pixel 2. Its not until Saturday when i went to reactivate i was told about this. The lady told me that if i wouldnt have deactivated the phone the phone would have prob worked until i deactivated it was when i tried reactivating that the system caught it and flagged as non pay blacklist....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be devastated to see you leave the Verizon family, CATTYCASSI. It's understandable to be upset that your phone was able to stay activated for as long as it was, then permanently put on a negative list after removal from your line. What can cause this is if the account that the device agreement was connected to was not far enough past due for it to be suspended for non-payment until after it was activated on your line. As we wouldn't stop your service on an already active device, the only way for our system to catch it is when it's been removed from a line and reactivation attempted. So we can see what options we have available for you, please watch out for a Private Message.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes