Re: How do I turn off the "Safely 24/7 threat protection" notification?
DC-EG
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. 

I really need to disable the Verizon app as  I  have Sophos protection. 

0 Likes
MICCLE39
Enthusiast - Level 2

@DC-EG - ​you have a different problem than this thread is about The OP wanted to turn off notifications but leave the app running.  I suggest you create a new post for help on disabling the app itself. 

MICCLE39
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon support answer was partially helpful, but here's more info from my Galaxy S7 (Android 8.0.0, Samsung Experience version 9.0). 

Long press on the notification opens a little window with an option to disable the app.  That may work; I didn't try it.  There is also a Details or More Info link. Clicking that got a window with options to disable standard notifications while leaving critical notifications enabled.  THAT was what I was looking for and I think the OP wanted.

Those steps are reported from memory.  Since I disabled standard notifications I can't now go back easily to verify all those details. Thank heavens that works to disable the once-every-minute notification that the app is doing its job.

Verizon - if you're listening, PLEASE incorporate these settings into the app itself so that people don't need to do web searches to find out how to do black magic to adjust their settings. Also - clicking the notification should take the user to the app, not to a notification page that looks like the app but isn't actually the app. Or, if it's all the app, provide navigation links to allow the user to move around in the app. 

Peregrin72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you all for your help.  Long-pressing the notification and selecting "turn notifications off" did the trick (oddly, though, the notification didn't show up again for several days after my original post!).  And I completely agree with MICCLE39--Verizon needs to make that app/notification user friendly!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Peregrin72,

I'm definitely glad to hear this worked for you. I know that many notifications would get old quickly. We always want things to be user friendly and I will make sure to pass your feedback on. Do you have any other questions or anything else we can help with?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
babefree

Push and hold the notification. Turn notification off.

0 Likes
Varguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

It came with one of Verizon's system updates. It's Verizon's version of McAfee and yes, it is draining your battery. Same thing happened to me. You can disable it in Apps and replace it with a less intrusive AV such as Avast. I've tried disabling individual components in the "safety and security" app but it still drains the battery even with all the features disabled!

rojujencol

yes!!!  when you hold the notification down, you get an option to block, disable.  wooohoooo!  thank you!

0 Likes
ocbear

Press and hold the notification until it brings up a switch.  Tap the switch to turn off the notification.  This app is part of the Verizon Safety and Security software. 

0 Likes
jovin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to shut off the notification by holding down the actual notification.  So, I swiped down to get the notification panel to show.  Then I held down that safely 24/7 notification, and it opened up a little part that showed settings, I was able to shut it off from there..  Hope that helps! It was driving me insane!