How do I turn off the "Safely 24/7 threat protection" notification?
Peregrin72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently this notification started popping up on my phone.  It seems to be part of the Verizon app, but I can't find anything on the app itself that tells me how to disable this particular notification.  I dont want to disable the feature/service, just the notification, since it pops up every 2 minutes or so and just plain annoys me.  Is there a fix for this?

Labels (1)
Re: How do I turn off the "Safely 24/7 threat protection" notification?
Fireflirt911
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. It is driving me crazy.

Peregrin72
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW, my phone is a Galaxy S7.

WXM27133
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  It does seem like my battery is draining faster all of a sudden, but the App info is showing 0% battery usage...  I find that hard to believe considering it is constantly running.

JACTOM8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hold the notification until it expands. Then deactivate notifications from the app.

Fireflirt911
Enthusiast - Level 2

That does not turn the notification off.

0 Likes
natashaa_vzw
Verizon Employee

Peregrin72, assistance is here as I know how frustrating it can be to get this pop-up every two minutes. Let's work together to figure out why this is happening to ensure we make it stop. Regarding the notification in question, is this a Verizon Wireless security message or is it coming from a third-party download?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fireflirt911
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is the security & privacy Verizon app

0 Likes
Peregrin72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like fireflirt911 said, it's a Verizon app issue.  The notification pops up, I tap on it, and it takes me to the Verizon app (though I can't find that section on my own without the notification).  not a third-party app, and no option to turn the notification off after tapping it.

georges_vzw
Verizon Employee

We truly understand the feeling that comes with a notification you’re unable to dismiss. Peregrin72. We appreciate you working with us and the community on this. I’d like to make sure we fully explain how to access the setting options you need. As JACTOM8 mentioned, and you confirmed, the time that the notification comes up is the only time you can gain the necessary access. JACTOM8 points out that you need to touch and hold the notification, rather than just a tap on it. You already discovered where the tap takes you. The touch and hold will take a few extra seconds, but will bring up the option to deactivate the notifications. Let us know what happens.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!