How do I stop the Usage Message Alerts on my phones?
valverdedm

The usage message alerts are causing a lot of problems for my family, the texts tend to come in at times where everyone else has been directed that we CANNOT receive any texts or calls unless it's an emergency, and yet...Verizon sends these messages. We know how much texts are being used, we understand that it gets close every month, WE DO NOT NEED TO BE CONSTANTLY GETTING THESE TEXTS FROM VERIZON OVER THIS. There has to be a way to cancel feature, because honestly this is a deal breaker for us. I cannot find the controls to cancel the alerts. PLEASE STOP SENDING US MESSAGES!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I stop the Usage Message Alerts on my phones?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Account Owner needs to log into their on-line MyVerizon account and look under My Usage, then click on the blue Manage Voice Usage Alerts.  At the bottom of the screen you can opt out of receiving all alerts.

0 Likes
valverdedm

There is no opt out option on any of those pages.

It's a family plan.

0 Likes
valverdedm

I just found this:

Usage Controls FAQs

Can the account owner opt out of the free text alerts?

No, not at this time.

This is ridiculous, there should be an option if I want to get this stuff sent to us or not.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you signed in as the Account Owner?  Are you clicking the blue Manage Voice Usage Alerts (not the blue Usage Details)?  Once you click it, you should be on a page that says When to Alert at the top and all the lines on your family plan listed at the top.  You choose each line at the top and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the red Stop All Alerts on the right-hand side.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You must be signed up for the $4.99 per month Usage Controls?  The directions I provided are for the free usage alerts that Verizon provides.

0 Likes